No announcement yet.

continuum steam store page text and pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, none of us own Steam, Continuum or Subspace.. So there really is no information to come to light. Everyone thinks we're being secretive, but we're all in the same boat.. We can publish to Steam, but there's going to be a potential risk so we're doing what we can to minimize that risk. The people who own the Subspace patents are (in fact) patent trolls.
    ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
    ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
    ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole Surfer View Post
      Yes, I can put together some banners that are continuum-only. I'm just wondering if it makes sense to anyone that using the name "Subspace" is a legal issue, but stealing all of the graphics from Subspace isn't a legal issue? It seems like the more information that comes to light, the more this whole Steam venture has FAIL written all over it.
      we have written permission from the original content authors
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

That doesn't mean he had the right to authorize.. I'm pretty sure VIE assumed the rights to the artwork.

Comment

Originally posted by KrynetiX View Post
          pretty sure
          and then what happened after VIE didnt exist anymore
          The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Subspace was sold along with all the assets (presumably) .. you have google. Unless you can prove these things are in public domain or that Juan owns exclusive rights to the artwork -- I (for one) won't be taking a personal risk :P

Comment

The point is that Continuum uses the VIE graphics/sounds so it doesn't seem like a risk to use them .. but Continuum specifically did not retain the name Subspace, presumably for a reason.

Comment

It seems pretty unlikely that it's ever been legal to distribute Continuum.

Comment

SubSpace was acquired by Brilliant Digital Entertainment's Chairman and CEO / Former Virgin Interactive Entertainment's Advisory Board Chief Kevin Bermeister. It is a property of BDE, a company Priit just so happens to work with. SubSpace was purchased with a bunch of VIE's other left over licenses that larger software companies didn't acquire.

There was an old interview on SubSpaceHQ with BDE shortly after they acquired the rights, and they stated they had no plans to dismantle this community. That is why it has been left alone to run itself, as long as no profits were created. Just keep it free and you should have nothing to worry about.

Being realistic though as far as names and clients are concerned:

Sniper 95-96 [1-2yrs]
                  SubSpace 96-2001 [4-5yrs]
                  Continuum 2001-2015 (current) [14yrs]

Even those players who have been around 10yrs probably have never even opened the SubSpace client, let alone saw the populations which helped launch the Continuum client they use today.
                  Ex-TW Dev / ER (Event Ref) / ER (Elim Ref)
                  Former SSC Network Administrator
                  SubSpace.co - SubSpace / Continuum Gaming Network

Comment

Hey PoLiX,
                    Thanks for that. I figured as much .. in general. (that we shouldn't be worried)

So long as we don't try to make money, we should be able to continue & promote the game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	small.png
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1282102

Name:	CONTINUUM-FACEBOOK.png
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	1282103

Name:	continuum.png
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	1282104

Comment

you accidentally made the "i" a different color and you accidentally used numbers instead of words and you accidentally used your fat shield instead of the regular one

its a shame because otherwise it would have actually looked nice instead of looking like it was made by a child

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

Also I don't like the 2 and 4, id rather it actually read out two and four. Probably meaningless in the long run. Rather not bring in a crowd that isn't used to texting shorthand and sounding like a bunch of violences running around the zone.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by KrynetiX View Post
                          Hey PoLiX,
                          Thanks for that. I figured as much .. in general. (that we shouldn't be worried)

So long as we don't try to make money, we should be able to continue & promote the game.

[ATTACH]1238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1239[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1240[/ATTACH]
                          Pretty cool krynetix. Could I design one too? It would be the same logo thing I used in www.forktw.com (top of screen) but replace fork with continuum. If I get time I'll put something up. (BTW I kinda gave up making that website)
                          1:Hece> iv done good A (amphetamine) many times and ppl say u cant get your dick up on it..my dick works on every chemical i have tried so far

Comment

iSubspace

Comment

@jabjabjab can u model the 8th ship since nobody ever did
                              that way we arent advertising our 7 ship game

pls keep vertex count below 1 million k ty

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                                Also I don't like the 2 and 4, id rather it actually read out two and four. Probably meaningless in the long run. Rather not bring in a crowd that isn't used to texting shorthand and sounding like a bunch of violences running around the zone.
                                32play+34lyf
                                3:kyler> who r u btw i keep wanting to ask people "who is 45th pres" but someone gonna say "trump"
                                3:45th President> do it
                                kyler> who is 45th President
                                nah> donald j trump

Downfall> Shoutout to forwards for randomly giving gunsmith results that made no sense and just made things harder

Jacklyn> holster is the thing that holds/carry the gun

Comment

Working...
                                X