it's what happens when people are made to eat their words racka haha
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

So what's the haps fellas? I'll be able to play from a macbook?

Kind of a drag to do it over July 4th weekend when people might have other things to do besides play 20 year old video games. Have the staff be highly present that first week, keep elim, deathmatch, base, zombies type games going around the clock and be on point answering ?help questions. Good luck gentlemen.
      Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

...And all the regular players of the game, try to be helpful with questions you see in public chats. People who haven't played before may not get it right away so having concise, accurate answers to questions like "why can't I get in?" (an elim game) will help keep people who are confused from getting frustrated and bolting. You gotta play ambassador to the game for a while if you want it to hit. Play extra nice with the new guys for the first few weeks and hopefully a new generation will blossom and keep the game alive. Good luck gentlemen.
        Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
          since tw is running old tech, there is a traffic limit that will crash the zone, but that could take 500-1000 players before it happened, and the new players should be fairly evenly distributed across all the zones
          1024 is the limit. The servers use to struggle when we got north of 400 players, though Priit modified TWs so it did handle upwards of 700 without issue. I don't know if any sort of load balancing is still being ran for any of the zones he hosts now since populations have plummeted since he picked things up full time.

One thing I brought up to Council to be concerned with though and others here might concern themselves with: Windows 10. Received a message on steam asking if Continuum would run on windows 10, and I had a few issues getting it going on my brother's computer with windows 10 preview. Not that it didn't load, just had an SSD software issue with it, followed by no working sound, and hadn't fully checked graphics out before we had to go start the bbq.

Would be sad to see all the efforts ruined due to simple issues hindering people from playing.
          Ex-TW Dev / ER (Event Ref) / ER (Elim Ref)
          Former SSC Network Administrator
          SubSpace.co - SubSpace / Continuum Gaming Network

Comment

Originally posted by PoLiX View Post
            1024 is the limit. The servers use to struggle when we got north of 400 players, though Priit modified TWs so it did handle upwards of 700 without issue. I don't know if any sort of load balancing is still being ran for any of the zones he hosts now since populations have plummeted since he picked things up full time.

One thing I brought up to Council to be concerned with though and others here might concern themselves with: Windows 10. Received a message on steam asking if Continuum would run on windows 10, and I had a few issues getting it going on my brother's computer with windows 10 preview. Not that it didn't load, just had an SSD software issue with it, followed by no working sound, and hadn't fully checked graphics out before we had to go start the bbq.

Would be sad to see all the efforts ruined due to simple issues hindering people from playing.

bring back ssforums ty
            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
              bring back ssforums ty
              platinum-halo is working on that, last i heard.

Comment

Thats awesome, i hope everything runs fine at the launch day, and then. SS for life !!!!
                (toKed)>i wasnt baned
                (toKed)>he said let you play
                (toKed)>i said no i quit
                (toKed)>and then i will find a way to ban u

Comment

Originally posted by PoLiX View Post

i dont think i have ever had sound on win7
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Can someone ask rock scatt to make one angry post instead of 15 angry fragmented ones?

Great news, who gives a fuck if MIGHT fail, it's something and it has potential.

Pretty cool to see a couple legends posting in here too

Comment

Even if we got 200 new players that'd be a huge boost in activity

Comment

can someone ask pres sore to actually read things, then fuck off forever?
                        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

and im expecting 200-1000, but if theres no seperation from 20 year vets retention rates will be low, even if actual gains could be far greater

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

i have personally witnessed people try the game for the first time, go 5-100, then quit from pubs of multiple zones, not just tw

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

gonna make more posts since edit feature is disabled

SSCJ Distension Owner

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                                and im expecting 200-1000, but if theres no seperation from 20 year vets retention rates will be low, even if actual gains could be far greater
                                Wrong

Watching vets do their thing was one of the reasons I stuck around early on

Pub squads need to be resurrected tho. Staff will be doing the zone a huge plus by giving incentive to pub squads

For example: Public leaderboards, rewards (pub bux), anything to encourage pub squads = win for the zone. Ask anyone from pre-2005

Comment

Working...
                                X