No announcement yet.

Banned - innocence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats the thing arro, it's not really borderline.

Comment

Originally posted by Tera

why the fuck isnt it allowed to call ppl N*ggers anyway? ... u have the right to express yourself in anyway... in real life you will get beaten up for it, if i call u a n*gger fly over to my place and fight me....

In real life there are consequences. In Subspace there too must be consequences, such as a ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
        Heh, who cares. If someone has been banned 4-5 times for being racist, it's obvious that they don't belong in the game anyways.
        Pardon my French, but who the FUCK gave you the right to decide who does and does not "belong" in the game?

Originally posted by Arrogance
        Keep on fighting the man for your right to use borderline racist remarks!
        Your sarcasm is awfully clever, but the words Bilbo used are not "borderline racist remarks," they are not "racist remarks," they have absolutely nothing to do with racism except sharing some friggin' letters.

PS: Hi Azhran!
        Originally posted by Ward
        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

It's just common sense that if someone has proven 6 times that they can't follow the simple rules of a game, then they don't deserve the privledge of playing it.
          sdg

Comment

I've grown tired of those pusing-the-limit-racism ppl. it's not funny anymore, stop it.

HOWEVER
            Bilbo were defending a friend, and because he has a past he got banned because of that past. He shouldn't have been banned. I like da1, but I think he did a mistake on this one.

Edit: I just found out that the ban can be upped from 3 days to a year. If so, I will never return to this game. Look at the situation staff, he were defending a friend. Claiming that there is stupid black ppl is not a lie, there are stupid green, blue, red, white, yellow, orange and pink ppl too. As well as smart ones from all of the ones above.
            Last edited by Noah; 08-06-2003, 01:46 PM.
            Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

bilbo you have no right to complain. You have been racist for trillion times or provoking people. But you only got banned 4 - 5 times ? Be happy that you didnt get banned for everything you did when you got reported and you stopped your lousy act.

To proove your innocence you show a log where you use certain words to get in a conflict again. How about growing up and act normal without trying to find how far you can go ? I never get in conflict with staff because I dont get happy by provoking people. Ofcourse I can act like a dork sometimes, but I dont insult people without having a real reason. And even then its still wrong to insult people. Now when I think of that, why do you justify yourself that some of your insults may not fall under the header 'racism' , instead of just not insult people. Also having Evasion as your witness is like a priest getting the pope when he claims he didnt touch a child. Evasion is racist too.

If you want to be treated normal, act normal.
              Winner of TWDL Scrotals
              Winner of TWT Melee
              Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

I think you will find that the majorly insulting party involved here are the representatives of staff.
                Tigerex

Comment

Everyone knows Bilbo and I have butted heads in the past over this same issue. However, this time it doesn't look like he was doing anything ban-worthy (Bilbo, that is... not Evasion). He was arguing whether or not the words were racist, which, by all accounts, they aren't.

However, as TK has so eloquently stated in the past, it's all about context. The context in which Evasion used it isn't quite clear from the log posted above. I read a lot. Books, magazines, web articles, everything. How many times have I come across the words "*****rdly" or "niggling"? Very few. Evasion has never struck me as a person who uses phrases bigger than "stfu" or "gtfo". That's not really a dig--a lot of people on this forum/game are the same way. Well, okay, it is kind of a dig, but it's a generalized one. Anyway, because of his past uses of the language, I can only assume he was doing it to push the limits of mod tolerance. Very few people use those words in casual conversation. Not because they're directly racist, but because they're obscure words.

So, the Evasion warning was justified.

As for banning Bilbo, I don't see anything in there that really justifies his ban. He was defending Evasion, but that's just semi-stupid, not racist.

However, it should be noted--SS usage of these words is retarded. The number of people that play this game that could use either of these words in the correct context (without consulting dictionary.com) is VERY few--we're talking like four or five.

Evasion was pushing the rules, and if he doesn't understand that, he needs a swift boot to his skull.
                  Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

The Mods involved should have observed and not confronted him or start an argument with him. By not conducting them selves properly it can just override and null the real offence. As for the words going back and forth, it doesn't matter what specific word is used, it matters if someone takes offence to it. The intent is still there.

Comment

The ban was lifted... Bilbo is on "probation" you might call it. I couldn't justify this ban based on what happened. Bilbo was obviously pushing the limits like he allways does. Da1 chose to take it personally and it affected his judgement. Weaver will deal with that however he needs to.

I talked to Bilbo and I'm not putting up with anymore of his crap... this is his last chance so to speak. Although I hate saying that phrase. But, if bilbo manages to get banned again after this, we can all say goodbye for a long time.
                      Last edited by Mr. Spam; 08-06-2003, 02:31 PM.

-Spam
                      Who got the boombeef?

Comment

Evasion sounds like one of those people who hold their fist half an inch in front of someone's eyes and says "I'm not touching you. You can't do anything to me, because I'm not touching you."

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                          Evasion sounds like one of those people who hold their fist half an inch in front of someone's eyes and says "I'm not touching you. You can't do anything to me, because I'm not touching you."
                          No one asked for your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Spam
                            The ban was lifted... Bilbo is on "probation" you might call it. I couldn't justify this ban based on what happened. Bilbo was obviously pushing the limits like he allways does. Da1 chose to take it personally and it affected his judgement. Weaver will deal with that however he needs to.

I talked to Bilbo and I'm not putting up with anymore of his crap... this is his last chance so to speak. Although I hate saying that phrase. But, if bilbo manages to get banned again after this, we can all say goodbye for a long time.
                            I'd just like to say thank you for doing the right thing. It means a lot more than just Bilbo's ban- it means that staff are willing to reconsider circumstances in which they may have made mistakes, and that's incredibly heartening.

Thank you.
                            Originally posted by Ward
                            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Evasive
                              No one asked for your opinion.
                              And yet I can still state it. It's funny how that works.

Comment

Heh what should I say, I admit that it was a kind of poor statement by me, and as..Vykromond said, staff does reconsider bans, which is good of course.

I personally just dislike people like bilbo the hobbit, people who push the limits every single time they play, whether it's 1 minute or 12 hours per day.

BTW Mandagorian;

"You proably could, upper staff isn't lenent to past abusers."

When have I abused in the past?

EDIT: I own at making typos
                                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                                There wont be another election for president.
                                Obama is the Omega President.
                                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X