Angel <ER>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downdraft
    and how long was she in paladen till getting staff? my god...

and why did kingz leave paladen for mambo after becoming smod?

basic examples or what u and lots of other ppl try to deny
    If she was on paladen for a short amount of time before receiving staff then that proves my point. In order to be up for staff, you are put into staffbot, something only SMods can do, you are then voted on by all the SMods with a rating, they go down the line of the people who are listed and choose some one. So if it wasn't long, then Paladen had shit to do with it.

Secondly, how many SySops are on Paladen? None. How long was kingz staff before he got to smod? Over 2 years if I am not mistaken. SMods don't choose who becomes a SMod, and what mod at the time would you of thought better for the job?

There is only 1 SMod on Paladen who happens to be a Dean Of Staff, it's not his fault if he thinks the people he knows on his squad can do the job well, it's better then him not knowing Tera and giving him staff isn't it?
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Lol DD, you didn't read the posts made after that did you. Sad.
      I know, a lot of Paladen's have been staff in the past and are now, but that's because Paladen is an old squad, and Mama is the Dean of Staff, so he notices sooner what staff potential players on his squad have, so why not recruit them if they prove to be a good Staffer. And if you still disagree, go join Paladen and see for yourself.
      Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
      24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
      1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog
        If she was on paladen for a short amount of time before receiving staff then that proves my point.
        exactly the opposite: she in paladen for some months ( i cant really back this up since i cant keep track of this ) and then after becoming staff she left. this was obviously 1 of the many who joined paladen simply to get staff. worse then this is to actually see ppl denying this.

better make it clear for everyone what paladen is then.
        The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

Downdraft Paladen is an old squad, yes they have a dean of staff on it doesn't mean every person on it will get staff.

Tekwiz
          BAM!!!
          WORR

Last 3 ZHs none of them on Paladen. If you thought kissing ass and being on a specific squad is the way you get to become a staff member then your about 95 % wrong. I'm not saying sucking up to a specific staff member will work but it's a one way, but not the best way to get to be on staff. As Cops said Paladen doesn't mean staff but it does help in a very small way.

If you really wanted to be staff, be friendly, do something in tw ( don't sit around hoping it will happen out of the blue). If being on TW staff is important to you then just play the game and have fun. This isn't really needed though it would help, show you can handle some responsibility.

Comment

Let me just say that if Paladen could prevent this staff sterotype we would. Having our members wanting to be made staffers is a pain in the ass. Nobody likes to get nagged, by a member or non-member. Having people that want staff to try to join our squad is just as much of a pain in the ass. We have a hard time trusting if people want to join Paladen, if they want to join staff. It makes recruiting very difficult. We don't like this crap. Paladen has no conspiracy going on. KJW doesn't want a squad full of staffers, he doesn't even really want to be on staff that baddly himself.. DoCk guilts him into coming back, heh.

Also, many of Paladens staffers and staff first, Paladen second. So if Paladen is guilty of anything it is for giving preference to recruiting staffers and not giving non-staff a fair chance.. Of course, that is crazy

Personally, I had been both ZH and ER before I was inviting into Paladen. I joined the same day as YoMama!!!, he was a mod before he ever joined.. Demonic joined (and left already heh) but she was a mod before she joined for the second time (not sure about the first). So you see, many staffers join after they get staff.

Another reason why staffers tend to get recruited more easily if they are in a squad which is in good standing with the TW community/staff is so we know the person a little more and we know they are trying to be involved positively in the TW community. Some squads attract people that want to help the zone and be part of the establishment while other squads, like the ones Squadless makes (hehehe) attract people that want to screw around and annoy staff rather than join it.

Some of the above is fact, some is opinion. I don't really know why staff recruits one person above the other because I don't recruit people. I can only speculate.
            Spider
            Formerly EEK! A Spider!
            Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Btw Vehicle/under dog Paladen has 2 smods (yomama!!!, and KJW) just thought i'd add that in

and having 2 smod's on ur squad make it ezier to get ur name on the list for <ZH>...but doesnt mean the other smod's like that person
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

People should really let this issue go, Paladen doesn't equal staff but you'd be lying if you said it doesn't help your chances.

Comment

Angel ER is a dumb slut, plz get rid of here

that's all i had to say
                  $$$

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                    Downdraft Paladen is an old squad, yes they have a dean of staff on it doesn't mean every person on it will get staff.

Tekwiz
                    BAM!!!
                    WORR

Last 3 ZHs none of them on Paladen. If you thought kissing ass and being on a specific squad is the way you get to become a staff member then your about 95 % wrong. I'm not saying sucking up to a specific staff member will work but it's a one way, but not the best way to get to be on staff. As Cops said Paladen doesn't mean staff but it does help in a very small way.

If you really wanted to be staff, be friendly, do something in tw ( don't sit around hoping it will happen out of the blue). If being on TW staff is important to you then just play the game and have fun. This isn't really needed though it would help, show you can handle some responsibility.
                    because i complain about the way staff recruits u assume i want to get in. this was true some time ago but not anymore, i mean, of course i wouldn't decline a request to join but im not working for it anymore.
                    The steps of life are easily forgotten by those who climb the ladder.

Comment

I was ER before i joined paladen the first time, poid made me ZH when i was on Melee, i was still on melee when i got ER heh, left paladen and rejoined melee, got mod (poid wasnt dean at that point before u say anything heh) and then joined light, rejoined paladen and now back to light...confused? i know i am heh, but being on Paladen didnt do anything for me staff wise, all it did was allowed me to get to know some nice ppl who play this game which is kinda refreshing (if u sit in elim for a bit you know what i mean), so Paladen is not a "staff recruitment" squad. As for Angel, she can host whatever she likes heh however she wants too, thats the advantage of being ER you make the decisions and you run the event how you want to run the event, you should be greatful she took the time out too host for you rather then bitching about it, sometimes with some of the players in TW its a damn side easier to just host 50 games of hunt a month and play elim, fast and ur still doing ur job, and im sure if you keep on bitching 24/7 about it you will just annoy everyone and thats what is going to happen.

Dem

Ps. Paladen still rox!

Comment

If you want to be smod you gotta be on Elusive!!

Elusive: 17 members, only 14 who actually play any, 4 smods, no lower staff.

So uh 29% of our active members are smods haha GG.

-Epi
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Go to elusive and sleep your way to the top.

On a side note, I don't have anythign against Angel other than he/she whichever, isn't Angel.

Staff really need to implement a rule that staff are not allowed to use names they do not own. I mean, if i'm JimmyRocks2 and i get staff then my name should be JimmyRocks2 <ZH>. I don't see how i can suddenly become Jim <ZH> if I don't own the name, thats just pretending to be someone else from another zone, or possibly even from this one. I can semi-understand someone shortening there name, like ConcreteSchlyrd did to Concrete <ER> but only because his name is quite long and the tag should be visible when he's talking. I do not agree with letting X_BLADE_X change his name to Blade <ZH/ER> when he did though, because his name is already short and thats just pretending to be Blade.
                          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Dimboy2 <ER>

Well, in all fairness, I did own the name Dimboy
                            EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                            cool koen> :)
                            PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                            cool koen> not because of a bug
                            EvoLd> Lol
                            Treachery> meh
                            EvoLd> why then?
                            PubAceR> women in power dont last
                            EvoLd> LOl
                            toaster oven reviews

Comment

Nick's right, it could potentially lead to alias issues, if the real angel logs on. And BTW, I do own Vehicle, annux gave it too me.
                              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                              Message has been sent to online moderators
                              2:BLeeN> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>no
                              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                              2:BLeeN> ok then no
                              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Logically, the <ER> tag should be in FRONT of the name ... then the ERs are all on the top of the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X