No announcement yet.

What would you do ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found it appropriate to ask you a question back since you asked us a question. To answer it would be appropriate

Comment

Originally posted by Spider
      I've wrote pages on this subject to the mod yahoogroup in the past, but I suppose the smods either like RoboHelp, or don't want to turf something after so much work.
      God how many more RoboHelp rants will i have to read from Spider j/k spid but we get the point already... although RoboHelp is usefull for the auto responses it gives such for calls such as ?help scorereset or ?help host and other weird robohelp responses such as explaining "what is ave" or "what is R". I agree, with you spider, that RoboHelp is overused, but i dont think you realize how valuable it is for the reasons i listed above. Maybe we should take out all robohelp responses except for a select few.
      Originally posted by Spider
      Moderating is seen almost as retirement and thats a shame, like I said, moderators are our best staffers.
      Incorrect, smods are the best and hardest working staffers. But mods are like every other level of staff, there are lazy ones and hard working ones.

Comment

Originally posted by MaGi kOz
        Did somebody say put a 100 hour ?usage limit on pub?
        HAHAHA!
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

yes i said put a 100 hour usage limit on pubs. of course this is not realistic at all, but think about it. people would have to watch others play and maybe learn some stuff before going out there. they could also gain experience in other zones before comimg to trenchwars. that way tw wouldnt be as much of a newbie zone.
          Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
          apt>yes u can wtf
          apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
          apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
          apt>so i dont miss the toilet
          Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
          apt>na
          apt>ill show you pictures
          apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
            Incorrect, smods are the best and hardest working staffers. But mods are like every other level of staff, there are lazy ones and hard working ones.
            I was basically saying mods don't work hard enough then you reply by basically saying 'no smods work harder'. That doesn't make sense, its almost like you didn't read what I said. That paragraph also sounds like sucking up to a smod. My post has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with smods. I have no idea why you mentioned them at all. Maybe you ment to say mod?

Either way you are missing the point. I am saying that many of our best staffers (excluding the smods for a moment, there is a mere handful of smods and I am talking about the other 95% of staffers, them being ZH/ER/Mod) are mods and could be doing a lot more, like hosting. Our best hosts all but quit hosting when they go from ER to mod and I don't think that is a good thing. I don't see why you decided to talk about smods, this isn't about them at all.

I do believe that ER and Mod will remain the way they are. In part because the 'old boys' in staff like to have a way to reward to good ZH/ERs with a nice position in staff while the do continue to a small amount of work. Moderator is essential, don't get me wrong, but I think they could be doing more. Sorry if I'm sound revolutionary and thats scaring someone, I'm just answering the hypothetical question, thats all. That part of my post is just daydreaming like putting 100 hour usage limits in pub. I'm not very serious, I don't have a strong attachment to this idea, etc. It's something interesting to think about is all I'm saying. It's too durastic to acctually impliment so if I was the guy at the top I probably wouldn't do it either. You never know how something that different from the status quo would go down. It might be a disaster.

About removing RoboHelp.. Why would we have an entire bot around just to explain what R is? That is silly, and what if the person doesn't understand a lengthy formula? A bot simply isn't as good as a person. Period. I don't care what the question is. ZHs need to do real work. If everyone agrees, then lets pull the plug. If someone doesn't agree tell me why. You don't need to reply to me every time I mention RoboHelp to say "yah yah yah". I believe its the biggest problem with staff right now, so if someone asks what would I do if I was a sysop or whatever the heck, thats what I'm going to say.

Keeping the bot to take the 'ez' calls is just laziness. If ZHs can't answer 'what does R mean' then how can we expect them to patiently go over how to register a squad for TWD? Consider an easy question like 'When do scores get reset' as a reward for explaining something more difficult.
            Last edited by Spider; 08-12-2003, 10:53 PM.
            Spider
            Formerly EEK! A Spider!
            Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Working...
            X