No announcement yet.

A New Era of ZHing in TW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im not a staffer nor do I know much about the staff commands for the bots.

I do however have a suggestion for you spider: make it so that only mods and up can use robohelp to answer help calls. Most of the time there is a zh/er available to help a person but occasionialy there will be a time when a mod will have to answer a question. Because they are busy most of the time and will not be able to answer fully this would be a situation where robohelp would be useful.

Just a suggestion from an outsider

Comment

STAFFERS ARE FAGS
      bunch of newbs stfu and leave ur gay newbie zone i own u

Comment

I remember hosting black once, heh i just left the doors open and mantra bitched at me for not hosting it right.

Those were good times.
        There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

FUK OFF, why does your signiture say Fuck Off? Thats not your name? WTF!!!
          Tigerex

Comment

Tiger search his last post.

Comment

I know that when I started playing I used some guide/manual for subpace at subspace.net. I don't know if it's still there but something like that would be nice for new players to find at trenchwars website. New players aren't morons and I think many would like to explore the game on their own.

Edit: Seems like it can be found here now http://www.subspacehq.com/ssguide/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by dimboy2
                But Bots do make life easier. Especially RoboHelp, but people are getting lazier and lazier like Demonic said not to check up on people, to see if they recieved a satisfactory response. If they don't they can use !summon but even then a tired ZH will just !tell them again.
                This is part of the problem. However, I think most newbies either don't read or don't understand the idea of !summoning. I know when I used to take lots of help calls as a ZH that many many times people didn't understand the first time if I would asked them "Do you understand?" and they need things explained in steps or something you need to re-word your answer because the first way didn't make sense to them.

I see !summon being used very very rarely which leads me to believe there are many people that aren't getting a good answer from the bot that don't bother to use !summon because they don't know how.

I was talking to Epinephrine about this (and many other things) and one of the problems with ZHing seems to be exactly what TK and Rudy said... People just don't see the importance in helping people and don't consider ZH to be a real position. These are the same people that are running it. Thats the reason why ZHs are crappy and don't help anymore.

We need to make a decision... Does 'helping' newbies (and anyone that doesn't understand some things) have a place in staff? If not, then abolish ZH completely. If we do believe that staff should be in the bussiness of helping people, then lets start doing it correctly. Parts 1 and 2 in my post are absolutely essential in fixing ZHing, the rest would be nice but not manditory. What we do now sucks in comparision to what was and what could be.

Wolf12: Perhapse.. But I don't personally think that mods are *too busy* to take a ?help call and do it correctly. Mods aren't worked that hard. That was part of another post I made in the main TW forum... I don't think our mods are doing enough, and I believe that a large amount of our best staffers are mods. Thats a terrible shame.
                Spider
                Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

I don't think most newbies are even aware of !summon. In every ?help I've ever sent, I always received a PM in response. Most newbies I know don't know how to respond to those, so if something isn't clear they have no way of asking for clarification or whatever.

Also, it would be nice if I occaisonally got a correct answer to a ?help. Aside from Aphix's "Please use ?chat=twd in the future to look for matches".

Comment

Solution

Make me a <ZH>. Lol. I'm just playing. I'd love to be in it to help out other players, it would be nice to give back a little to the zone which has entertained me for such a long time. But hosting intimidates me. I don't really know about the quality of the <ZH>'s because I usually don't ask ?help calls for game-related questions. However, I do know most <ZH>'s to be pretty friendly, so if <ZH>'s were to play more public (like Cig for example), some people might see it, ask what it is, and then Cig could explain the process of ?help (He could make a macro to avoid redundancy.) and thus the problem on the players end would be a little lessened. That, and Zone Helpers would be active with the masses, so to speak, and could answer help questions right in public chat, without resorting to the old fashioned "PRESS ESC + Q NOW, ITS A CHEAT YEA, PRESS IT NEWBIE!." Which I don't find to be humorous in the least.
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Re: Solution

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                      Make me a <ZH>. Lol.
                      Join the list of people who ask for staff on forums... your name is right under Qbe aka Ice Storm

as for this thread spider, you've written to tw staff about it MANY times and even included this opinion in MANY public tw forum posts and finally created your own thread for it. this deserves to remain where it started out, in staff mail. you talk to the general public about it and they wont really understand the problem you're talking about cus they dont see how often it's used.. and any problem or potential problem concerning staff shouldn't be made public. ....ESPECIALLY if it's being made public by a staffer (and a high ranking staffer at that)
                      Last edited by Awesome; 08-18-2003, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Dont forget that RoboHelp is getting abused all the time.

And yes, robohelp makes life easier.

There is good commands in robohelp and there is bad commands.
                        Smods should remove those bad commands like bangbangbang or who is "name"...etc. etc.
                        SSCU Trench Wars Staff:
                        Local Bang Op -> Retired

Comment

Re: Re: Solution

Originally posted by Awesome
                          Join the list of people who ask for staff on forums... your name is right under Qbe aka Ice Storm
                          I don't know if you had the intelligence to read BEYOND the first phrase, but-

Make me a <ZH>. Lol. I'm just playing.
                          I really could care less about being staff. If I get recruited, yay. If I don't, whoop de fuckin do. Thanks for your time.

Bitterly yours,
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Re: Solution

That, and Zone Helpers would be active with the masses, so to speak, and could answer help questions right in public chat, without resorting to the old fashioned "PRESS ESC + Q NOW, ITS A CHEAT YEA, PRESS IT NEWBIE!." Which I don't find to be humorous in the least.
                            ZH's are very active, and to my knowledge, ZHs dont tell people ESC + Q to fix their problems.

Comment

i agree

true, it has degraded,...some ZH newbie who i havnt seen EVER in subspace ...dimboy i think.... called me newbie in elim...

WTF IS WITH THAT???

Comment

squadless do u know Cig Smoke <ZH> is he cool <ZH>? i think he is
                                _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                                X