Spawn area(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn area(s)

I was thinking one day on this, accually it just came to me some min's ago.

I have been playing dsb in the "old" ages, in better words; a long time ago. In DSB, known as Death Star Battle Zone - they have NKZ. What is a NKZ? It stands for No Killing Zone.

Spawn is a big problem, if you want to enjoy a good game in the pubs. It happens once awhile that you'lle get killed when spawn. Sometimes you even have such a bad luck, that it happens three times in a row. You can allways warp, but that doesn't help much. If you are lucky on your warp, there are no other so called "spawn killer" on the other side; the place that you warped to.

What is my point really?
    My point is that there should be some kind of safe are that you spawn to and that there should be a NKZ around it. Or that when you spawn you have some kind of shields that last only for 2-3 sec, and that you are unable to shoot while in shields. But then I don't know.

What do you think? This was just a though about improvements, but still it has error and bugs, I suppose.

Staff is gay, im off strike :)

Spitfire P> dimboy, we need 1 of those green messages - ?go battleship to play. -Dimboy <ER>

You have been put in spectator mode due to high latency (S2C)

ZentoR> ?lag
    PING Current:150 ms Average:140 ms Low:130 ms High:240 ms S2C: 0.1% C2S: 0.0%

We've been over this.

You can't span in a safe without the levis being changed. They'll just ?buy repel to 20 without being stopped.
    And since levi settings are only changed to suit levi lovers, it ain't gonna happen. Sorry.

Comment

im a levi lover, so screw u guys. and it would just add to safe laming.more for u to bitch about. i hate DSB
      Listen, everyone is entitled to my opinion.
      Not to be mean or anything, but you're an illiterate dipshit.
      i can smell my eyeballs!
      My non-existent team will r0xx0r j00r b0xxx0rs!!1
      It's cute how you think this is a democracy.
      8,323,352,236,536,235,233,456 C00li0 P0ints!!1
      Shit bitch damn ass cocksucker motherfucker tits!
      St00bie = Stupid N00bie
      L00tard = Retarded L0ser
      Crampon = Crusty Tampon

Last edited by Fatal|ty about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

The shields the no kill zone its all been said its all been thought about but the fact is it wouldent work then wont work now spawning is just something that every tw player has to deal with kinda sux but w.e we get on.
        bioture> I had sex with a fat girl last night and she almost crushed my pelvis

Comment

Re: Spawn area(s)

Originally posted by ZentoR
          I was thinking one day on this, accually it just came to me some min's ago.

Spawn is a big problem, if you want to enjoy a good game in the pubs. It happens once awhile that you'lle get killed when spawn. Sometimes you even have such a bad luck, that it happens three times in a row. You can allways warp, but that doesn't help much. If you are lucky on your warp, there are no other so called "spawn killer" on the other side; the place that you warped to.

What is my point really?
          My point is that there should be some kind of safe are that you spawn to and that there should be a NKZ around it. Or that when you spawn you have some kind of shields that last only for 2-3 sec, and that you are unable to shoot while in shields. But then I don't know.

What do you think? This was just a though about improvements, but still it has error and bugs, I suppose.

Spawning is not that big of a deal in publics. It's more important to get rid of the spawning in elim. I have not got spawned that that much in publics. .If i do o well. It would just be a waste of time i think. .If we had shields levis would have more time to get to base.. We have went threw this about elim how to change it so no one gets spawned but nothing really has been done. Wouldn't it be great if we could have it so if someone shoots in the spawn area they get automaticly specced by a bot.. I've seen zones that if you lay mine(s) by the spawning area the bots kills you and i thought that was pretty cool. It would probably be what we would have to do if we had everyone spawn into a safety zone in publics ..because everyone looks for an easy way for kills and this wouldn't fix the problem it would only make it worse. Spawning isn't illegal it's part of the game. Just Thrust out of the spawn area and have fun.
          edit=Typos
          Last edited by IceStorm; 08-24-2003, 03:47 PM.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
          1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
          1:Freeze> LOL FAR
          ---
          5:waven> freeze
          5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
          5:waven> you state your business with sanji
          5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
          5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
          5:waven> and i will talk to ease
          5:Freeze> LOL
          5:waven> that's how things work around here
          --
          1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Spawning is a part of the game, whether you like it or not. You just gotta learn to live with it aka instawarping if you see somebody spawning you or shooting him before he shoots you
            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
            3 league vet

Comment

there is an option in continuum that if you enable it, it doesnt give the killer any points if he killes the same person in a given amount of time. Thats about the closest solution to the spawn killing that TW will ever have. Or if levis will get changed. Hmm whats better? Have a spawn safety and new levis or get spawn killed and have the current levis... Hmm...
              Code:

[[]]                       
                              [][]                             
                         [][][][][][]                 
                      [][]    [[]]                   
                      [][]    [[]]            
                         [][][][][][]       
                              [[]]  [][]          
                       [][]   [[]]  [][]           
                           [][][][][]             
                              [][]           
                              [[]]                  

Comment

Try getting a terr on your team and attach immediately at spawn =)
                5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                5: Da1andonly> =((
                5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Maybe the spawn area should be increased in size.
                  Warpath

Comment

Originally posted by Scout1
                    there is an option in continuum that if you enable it, it doesnt give the killer any points if he killes the same person in a given amount of time.
                    No one thinks about points when they're trying to kill someone.

And they can't make people spawn in a safe zone because then retards will just fly and cloak around the safe zone and spawn people even worse.
                    sdg

Comment

Working...
                    X