Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to the ....

What ever happened to the Draft League?

What ever happened to that league? It was going great in my opinion but something happened and it never flew.

The subspace population needs a bot to herd them for any league to work.

Comment

I never really like the idea that much because I don't think I ever fully understanded it.
      Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Draft League is a cool idea ... but in some ways Top's original idea of tournaments is very similar.

Comment

What happened last time was they picked a bunch of "elim veterans" to be captains and yeah, go from there.

Our captain i don't remember who it was bitched at us and then quit.
          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Adman
            What happened last time was they picked a bunch of "elim veterans" to be captains and yeah, go from there.

Our captain i don't remember who it was bitched at us and then quit.

Sounds like the typical elim veteran. Actual squad captains should've been picked or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
              understanded
              Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

If you want an example of why draft leagues don't work you can go take a look at the one going on in PB right now (proball draft league). The league _functions_, but every time they run it several of the better players get pissed off or go inactive and unbalance the league severely. Basically, the problem is something like this:

Captain: I pick JoeyJimShorts as my round 1.
                JoeyJimShorts: YES I AM AWESOME!
                Captain: I pick LanaLips as my round 2.
                JoeyJimShorts:WTF! I WON'T PLAY WITH A GIRL!
                Captain: dude, it's a draft league and she's good. Deal.
                JoeyJimshorts: STFU YOU SUCK I QUIT!

etc, etc, etc. Only really successful draft league was Speedball season 3, and that was mostly do to the almost maniacal zeal of the participants and the fact that the entire league consisted of only 4 teams, with plenty of subs and newbies to pad rosters that lost players. Basically, draft leagues require maturity, dedication, and the ability to treat your squaddies civiliy despite past difference. TW just isn't that mature a zone.

Comment

Except that it was completely dominated by bitmap.

P.S. I'd like to thank god, Latrine, and nickname.

Comment

Working...
                  X