Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And with that Elusive is no more...

Hi everyone,

I know I tend to be longwinded sometimes to bear with me I'm getting sentimental

We knew this was our last season no matter what. With real life commitments many of us, especially our leaders were ready to stop playing so much of this damn game.

When I started Elusive in March 2002 I had decided that I had enough time to play Subspace again and that I wanted to have another run at TWL.

My good friend Crome was running TWL and I thought the changes that he was adding would make for good times.

Burial was our first member, followed by Rage. The squad started small with only 7 players on roster when we first started and registered for TWL. We had instant recognition thanks to our squadname but the players were very different.

Early victories in TWLD led to devestating defeats, while early defeats in TWLJ also hurt us. With our merger with Shinobi, we suddenly added new blood and Elusive took form. Rule was promoted to Co-Captain status and him and I have ran the squad together since.

Also with Strike now on Elusive, we suddenly had a kickass website.

Our last recruits of the season proved to be our best as of yet with the addition of Psymorph and Arcane Tactics.

Through the amazing jav skills of Psymorph, the squad which everyone made fun of in javs managed to roar through a victory in TWLJ in TWLJ's inaugural season. Meanwhile in TWLD Elusive got eliminated in the playoffs.

In the offseason, we were one of the only top wb/jav squads to not disband, and a rush of recruiting ensued. With our new recruits we managed to forge an unstoppable squad. As TWD started, Elusive quickly took the #1 positions in TWDJ and TWDD and held onto both for months. While TWDD was eventually ceded to Rampage and Elusive stayed at #2 (although it alternated a few times), Elusive took #1 in javs and kept it with an exception of a few days until now. Even today Elusive still has the highest ranking in TWDJ (at least that I can find).

Our second TWL season started off with many key players leaving. Rampage had formed from a group of axed former Elusive players and with some good recruits looked very strong. Meanwhile Fireballz left Elusive to restart Light with an addition of the reminants of Onix. Shriek had reformed earlier with form Elusive players Annul and Herc, and looked very strong in Javs.

Elusive decided to play in all three leagues, although were never consider (by the general community) a serious contender in all by javs. As the season progressed, Elusive decided to play in all three leagues and as the final results show we managed to do quite well.

With one of the best TWLB games ever, Elusive ceded a narrow victory to Disoblige 2-1 in the TWLB Semi-Finals after crushing Rampage, 2dragons leading the way with his terrier.

In TWLJ Elusive again lost a very close game to Diso 2-1 in the finals with Psymorph and Mr. Spam leading our team this season. Meanwhile in TWLD with Demonfaze and Vitha who played every game of the season, Elusive managed to win it all, defeating arch rivals Rampage in a game to be remembered in the Semi-Finals, and winning it all against Melee in the finals in front of 200+ spectators.

I've always tried to keep Elusive as a a small squad which was a contender, and could be generally respectable in terms of no trash talking. Elusive has always been a squad that has valued teamwork above all else and this season's playoffs showed that to the fullest. I believe those goals were met and I'm very happy at the results.

Of course all of this wouldn't have been possible without our players. Our players like Vihta, Rage, Rule have been there ever since the beginning and have stuck through everything. Our never players have integrated very well and have also represented Elusive with pride. They must be thanked for all that we achieved.

Thanks to our assistant Captains 2dragons, Treachery and Trueblood who ran our pracs and helped with it all. Trueblood (Path of Daggers) also needs to be commended for his exemplary coaching of TWLB.

Finally I want to thank my co-captain Rule. Without Rule I would have quit Subspace a long time ago, but he helped me keep the faith and together we ran the squad like no other. Thanks Rule for all your help and support as my Co-Captain in this great squad.

Elusive's Final Roster:
    ----------------------------
    1 2dragons (A)
    2 arCane
    3 demonfaze
    4 Epinephrine (C)
    5 Joe Barton
    6 KickAshMan
    7 Mr. Spam
    8 owner
    9 Psymorph
    10 Rage
    11 Raspi
    12 Rule (C)
    13 Strike
    14 Treachery (A)
    15 Trueblood (A)
    16 Vihta

And so with that we close another page in TW, and open up the future to others.

Bye everyone it's been fun,
    -Epinephrine
    Founder/Captain, Elusive
    Last edited by Epinephrine; 08-30-2003, 05:17 PM.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

It's been a adventure for sure. I also would like to thank everyone on Elusive currently for sticking around, and for making this last until the very end.

Also i would like to thank Rule and Epinephrine for leading such a great squad, and sticking with it. Without you guys, the squad would have failed long ago.

There is to many names to mention and to many details to be listed, so i'm going to leave them out, but a big thanks to all the members, old and current.

With this, Elusive ends another season. A great game played by Disoblige in both TWL-B and TWL-J, and congratulations on the TWL-J win, and good luck in TWL-B. Also, a very well played game by Melee in the TWL-D Championships, congratulations on making it so far, and may next season prove to be the deciding season for you.

Thanks again to everyone, and may Trench Wars and TWL carry on for many season to come.
    -Cyber Strike
    Former TW SMod

Comment

Good luck in real life dudes, sad to see you all go.

Comment

Props to the elusive members, you guys were a good squad and always made good games. GL in whatever you may do next.
        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

jee epi4hongkong presiedoneds haeheha

Comment

6 months max.
            plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Thanks guys its been fun to have elusive around. Hope to see you again.

PS: Nice post epine very very heartwarming
              Last edited by Xog; 08-30-2003, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Re: And with that Elusive is no more...

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                Hi everyone,

I know I tend to be longwinded sometimes to bear with me I'm getting sentimental

We knew this was our last season no matter what. With real life commitments many of us, especially our leaders were ready to stop playing so much of this damn game.

When I started Elusive in March 2002 I had decided that I had enough time to play Subspace again and that I wanted to have another run at TWL.

My good friend Crome was running TWL and I thought the changes that he was adding would make for good times.

Burial was our first member, followed by Rage. The squad started small with only 7 players on roster when we first started and registered for TWL. We had instant recognition thanks to our squadname but the players were very different.

Early victories in TWLD led to devestating defeats, while early defeats in TWLJ also hurt us. With our merger with Shinobi, we suddenly added new blood and Elusive took form. Rule was promoted to Co-Captain status and him and I have ran the squad together since.

Also with Strike now on Elusive, we suddenly had a kickass website.

Our last recruits of the season proved to be our best as of yet with the addition of Psymorph and Arcane Tactics.

Through the amazing jav skills of Psymorph, the squad which everyone made fun of in javs managed to roar through a victory in TWLJ in TWLJ's inaugural season. Meanwhile in TWLD Elusive got eliminated in the playoffs.

In the offseason, we were one of the only top wb/jav squads to not disband, and a rush of recruiting ensued. With our new recruits we managed to forge an unstoppable squad. As TWD started, Elusive quickly took the #1 positions in TWDJ and TWDD and held onto both for months. While TWDD was eventually ceded to Rampage and Elusive stayed at #2 (although it alternated a few times), Elusive took #1 in javs and kept it with an exception of a few days until now. Even today Elusive still has the highest ranking in TWDJ (at least that I can find).

Our second TWL season started off with many key players leaving. Rampage had formed from a group of axed former Elusive players and with some good recruits looked very strong. Meanwhile Fireballz left Elusive to restart Light with an addition of the reminants of Onix. Shriek had reformed earlier with form Elusive players Annul and Herc, and looked very strong in Javs.

Elusive decided to play in all three leagues, although were never consider (by the general community) a serious contender in all by javs. As the season progressed, Elusive decided to play in all three leagues and as the final results show we managed to do quite well.

With one of the best TWLB games ever, Elusive ceded a narrow victory to Disoblige 2-1 in the TWLB Semi-Finals after crushing Rampage, 2dragons leading the way with his terrier.

In TWLJ Elusive again lost a very close game to Diso 2-1 in the finals with Psymorph and Mr. Spam leading our team this season. Meanwhile in TWLD with Demonfaze and Vitha who played every game of the season, Elusive managed to win it all, defeating arch rivals Rampage in a game to be remembered in the Semi-Finals, and winning it all against Melee in the finals in front of 200+ spectators.

I've always tried to keep Elusive as a a small squad which was a contender, and could be generally respectable in terms of no trash talking. Elusive has always been a squad that has valued teamwork above all else and this season's playoffs showed that to the fullest. I believe those goals were met and I'm very happy at the results.

Of course all of this wouldn't have been possible without our players. Our players like Vihta, Rage, Rule have been there ever since the beginning and have stuck through everything. Our never players have integrated very well and have also represented Elusive with pride. They must be thanked for all that we achieved.

Thanks to our assistant Captains 2dragons, Treachery and Trueblood who ran our pracs and helped with it all. Trueblood (Path of Daggers) also needs to be commended for his exemplary coaching of TWLB.

Finally I want to thank my co-captain Rule. Without Rule I would have quit Subspace a long time ago, but he helped me keep the faith and together we ran the squad like no other. Thanks Rule for all your help and support as my Co-Captain in this great squad.

Elusive's Final Roster:
                ----------------------------
                1 2dragons (A)
                2 arCane
                3 demonfaze
                4 Epinephrine (C)
                5 Joe Barton
                6 KickAshMan
                7 Mr. Spam
                8 owner
                9 Psymorph
                10 Rage
                11 Raspi
                12 Rule (C)
                13 Strike
                14 Treachery (A)
                15 Trueblood (A)
                16 Vihta

And so with that we close another page in TW, and open up the future to others.

Bye everyone it's been fun,
                -Epinephrine
                Founder/Captain, Elusive

lol
                1:Cig Smoke> stolen
                Suicide Fish> ?cheater cig smoke repeatedly stealing my kills
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                Made You Look> should i bother warning? :o
                Suicide Fish> Yeah please warn him!
                Made You Look> I was talking about u
                MODERATOR WARNING: Don't abuse ?cheater -Made You Look

Bukkake Surprise> there are no nooby ships, only nooby people

Comment

Having been on Elusive from the start makes me a bit sad to see it go. At least we went out as winners. I have great respect for everyone who stuck with us to the end. You know who you are. Also time for me to say good byes to Trench Wars, past 3 years I had a lot of fun there with -FINAL- and Elusive, my only 2 tw squads during this period. I might come back but not for a long time. If you wanna chat, you can find me from pro league praccing sometimes.

-vihta
                  Last edited by Vihta; 08-30-2003, 07:10 PM.
                  TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
                  TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
                  TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
                  TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

Cya.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Congratulations, Elusive on a great TWL run in all leagues and for your win in TWLD. I didn't manage to wake up in time to witness the finals for javs, but i caught the 2v1 of round 2 vs. Melee and the screenshot party in #elusive.

Thanks for gettin in a few games vs. Pirates the day before you dissolved. I'm glad we got a chance to beat the champs (and get beaten by the champs ).

PS: Is there a list somewhere in this thread of all the Elusive members who are quitting/retiring from subspace and the ones who are just moving on to new squads?

Comment

oh well, hope u all get somewhere in life, im still stuck in cyber world, and am waiting to be rescued by a crap job

Comment

Elusive

The last year and a half has been a great experience. I remember when no one thought Elusive would survive as a squad, we more then made it though. Over the last two seasons we have overcome alot of obstacles and challenges. Going from a 1-3 start in TWLJ last season to TWL-J Champions was huge for us. Although the Jav finals did not go our way this year, we have shown we can compete with the best in three leagues, and have won a TWL-D championship =). It has been alot of fun.

There is no doubt that winning owns, but having great squadmates has been the real pleasue of the last two seasons for me. (Now I get a bit sentimental)

Epinephrine- Thanks for creating Elusive and for giving me the chance to lead. The last two seasons have been amazing, through highs and lows you have been a great leader and a real bud. You balanced me as I did you. I wish you all the best in life.

To our A-C's- Thank you for stepping up when needed (hosting, playing, coordinating etc):

2dragons- You are a great guy and a dedicated smod, its been alot of fun these past two squads.

Treachery- Your constant support, advice and reason (when we needed it most) has always helped alot. Happy to of had you as a squadmate.

Path of Daggers- I was happy when you joined us this season, you are THE BASE coordinater (and much more).

Thanks to our players:

Arcane- Your a good guy to have as a squadmate, sometimes quiet you have been always been solid whether owning in wbs or tearing up base in a spider.

Demonfaze- this season you have been a rock, always dedicated.
                          I have enjoyed our many conversations whether they be ss related or not. It has been nice to watch you develop into one of the best players in the game.

Joe- The youngster of the group =), you have often lightened things up. Last playoffs you rocked in javs, and it was good to see you get active again at end of this season. That new monitor seems to be working.

Kickashman- It was good to have you on the squad. I remember those first few TWL games you owned, and you came when you could. I agree that real life should always come before any game.

Mr. Spam- You are a great guy, and an exceptional jav/shark.
                          Not to forget you can be real funny =p. Glad you choose to join us this season.

Owner- You let us know from the start you would be more active in other zones and we understood. Was fun having you as a squadmate.

Psymorph- What can I say, cept <3. Your an amazing player, last year you won us TWL-J. GL with your squad Epion.

Rage- when we first started you came through when needed, your a funny guy, keep owning chaos.

Raspi- It was good to see you find a place (well I hope you did), and whether you think it or not you really can own as you did today. Thx for staying active even when in army.

Strike- You have been a great squadmate, always active, always up for a prac. When you focus you can own =p. Not to forget you hooked Elu up with an elite website.

Vihta- Back since -Final- I have enjoyed having you as a squadmate. You have been Elu's most active player the last two seasons, and have developed into one of the games best.

Wish you (and all your squadmates) the best in life.

Thanks to past Elusive players as well. For they have made contributions by being with us at one point or another. People like Disq, Dinc, EIG, Fbz etc Whether they left, had a following out, or retired they too were a part of our squad. And if a few still hate so be it =p.

Finally thanks to our competition (whether it be TWL/TWD), staff for hosting our games and the Trench Wars Community. Trench continues to thrive and the future looks good.

Regards

Rule

Captain, Elusive

Comment

always respected you guys, aside from the last minute of your last game

if we had to lose, i'm glad it was to you.
                            Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                            Philos> there is something about you
                            Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

While your journeys in the realm of Subspace have ended, I am about to start my own journey into this world in cyberspace where addiction and loyalty reside. Good luck to you all in your endeavours beyond our lifeless souls in this two dimensional world.

Bah! What am I talking about? Subspace owns! Later Elusive.

Comment

Working...
                              X