Who wants a Dueling Marathon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants a Dueling Marathon?

Hmm the basing marathon is a good idea, but if you are like me and really dont like basing at all, there is not alot to do. So, I think we should have for us duelers out there we should have a marathon too.
    Heres what im thinking, a marathon consisting of 8 warbird events (deathmatch, pallies, dm2 etc..) and 8 jav events (javs/javs2/multijavs etc..) the mvp is taken from each of these events and placed into a tournament...when all 16 mvp's have been listed, they will play a wb tournament and a jav tournament to decide 2 winners, 1 for wb and 1 for jav.
    Anyways just an idea, like i said earlier i hate basing so like to look for alternatives

Dem

alternate warbird events are dumb... no matter what, you are a warbird, in the middle of a map that is nothing but a bigass rectangle with some rocks.
    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
    apt>na
    apt>ill show you pictures
    apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

i could say the same about basing. you might not like warbirds, thats cool, but realise some ppl just dont like basing.

Comment

I do not care if you want to have a wb marathon but I think the idea just sucks. It is still a limited are with random rocks in it. If you have to do it then at least make more variation for the maps.
        Overall rating for the idea <1\10
        But that is just my opinion
        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
        5: Da1andonly> =((
        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

COOL!
          EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
          cool koen> :)
          PRiMORDiAL> pfft
          cool koen> not because of a bug
          EvoLd> Lol
          Treachery> meh
          EvoLd> why then?
          PubAceR> women in power dont last
          EvoLd> LOl
          toaster oven reviews

Comment

I'm changing this thread name to something a bit more approriate. no offense Demonic, but the original's sort of "bait and switch".

Topic Changed to "Who wants a Dueling Marathon?" from "Basing Marathon"

Comment

Re: basing marathon

Originally posted by DemonicTW
              Hmm the basing marathon is a good idea, but if you are like me and really dont like basing at all, there is not alot to do. So, I think we should have for us duelers out there we should have a marathon too.
              Heres what im thinking, a marathon consisting of 8 warbird events (deathmatch, pallies, dm2 etc..) and 8 jav events (javs/javs2/multijavs etc..) the mvp is taken from each of these events and placed into a tournament...when all 16 mvp's have been listed, they will play a wb tournament and a jav tournament to decide 2 winners, 1 for wb and 1 for jav.
              Anyways just an idea, like i said earlier i hate basing so like to look for alternatives

Dem
              Demonic dont take this too harshly but, back before i quit SS for a while, almost everyone liked to base. Now, its almost everyone wants to do warbird and jav duels. I really enjoyed basing back in the day. The basing marathon gets more people interested in basing, and in my opinion, thats a good thing. Maybe these basing marathons could even encourage pub newbs (That come to the events obviously) to actually base, instead of blowing the shit outa the base with a lev. That and basing is plain old great. You should really try it. You'll learn to love it.
              "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that the good do nothing."

Comment

basing is good if you like basing i don't really and i appreciate alot of ppl do, thats fine, im just trying to find an alternative to keep me amused while there is no twl and nothing to play except elim. So calm down all you basers heh, this is purely aimed at the ppl who don't really wanna play basing, and yes jeansi using the same maps would sux, which is why i wanted to vary maps. You could argue that twld and twd is the same arena, yet ppl keep wanting to play it. Im not saying its a good idea, im not saying its a bad idea...its just that an idea, if you can come up with anything better then please do so, i just want something else to do rather then flying around a stupid flag for 20mins.

oh and blue thunder, i have tried basing lots of times, its ok but it doesnt have the same appeal as dueling has to me.

Dem

Comment

Sounds like a good idea in my opinion

Comment

Demonic ... why don't u try it with a bunch of different maps to make it more fun ... and perhaps different groupings ... teams of whatever. Is that what you meant when you said dueling marathon?

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, if you alternate javs and warbird events for as much variety as you can muster.

But I still agree with the fact that any warbird map is just a square/circle with rocks in it. Unless you will allow events like safewars, or warpwars to be included. Which sounds much more fun then, dm, dm2, bigdm, minidm, pallies, all in order.
                      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

im open to any idea veh, i just figured ppl like dm, i mean they ask for it hosted all the time, same with javs, so i thought just do all the maps i possibly could involving wb's and javs. I mean i dont mind including events like safewars, leviwars or anything like that, but i thought ppl would prefer to keep it to wb and javs and to finish it off with like a winners tournament of both events. But like i keep saying, its only an idea, something to pass the time, so whatever heh Also i thought of varying it from multi/random/caps etc to try and keep as much variety as possible but if it did happen with wb's you could never have the same variety as all the different basing maps, so it shouldnt be compared, its just something different

Dem

Comment

I'm for it. Should be interesting
                          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Working...
                          X