Public 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public 0

sometimes, when i ?arena, I see public 0 is at the top. now, as far as i can tell by experience in playing there, it's the 'leet' pub, never really under 32-33 players.

So why does it dissapear, to be replaced with Public 1?

Ive been viewing this foir years but it never really dawned on me that a 30+-player arena just dissapeared.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

From what I know public arenas just spawn when needed to accommodate the population. This probably happend on the last server reboot, pub 1 was used over 0 for the first pub arena. The pub number doesn't really matter, they're all the same in the skill or "leetness" (whatever you call it) of the players.

Edit:Unless some squads are owning the pub.
    Last edited by Kolar; 09-16-2003, 07:19 PM.

Comment

thanks.

internet de la jerome

Comment

I slightly disagree, the first pub on the list always seems to attract vets. Therefore its usually a decent arena for plenty of skilled action. I always go to the first arena on the list and do the old esc+a untill the number drops from 35 to 34 so i can get in and start with my lame tactics. First i do ?chat and if nothin goin on twdd wise, then i do ?find policeman321 , if he's not on then pub 0 or 1 ... (police is my getaway driver, we are much like peanut butter and chocolate >>yummy 5 fers)

sry im a tard
        sigpic

Comment

It's probably because the better people in the zone are the ones that know how to use esc+a or ?arena.

So they do that, and 0's at the top, if it's not full, that's the first pub they go to.
          Ну вот...

Comment

yep, I agree pub1 or pub2 seems to always attract the better players and most fun to play... also have tons of players in it.. 30+...

I typically like to go where there is tons of players, it is just more interesting.

Sometimes I wish there was a mega pub arena, like with 50 players...now that would be fun.

Comment

50 would be nice. it would allow for speccers, duelers, etc and still allow enough players for basing

but at the sae time it wouldnt be utopia like that - duelers would kill basrrs on their way up etc

internet de la jerome

Comment

Originally posted by WiseCherub
                yep, I agree pub1 or pub2 seems to always attract the better players and most fun to play... also have tons of players in it.. 30+...

I typically like to go where there is tons of players, it is just more interesting.

Sometimes I wish there was a mega pub arena, like with 50 players...now that would be fun.
                that would rock my face off
                DELETED

Comment

Why dont' we address the spawning issues in our 35 person pub arenas before we attempt making a 50 person pub?
                  Ну вот...

Comment

Originally posted by ÆNIMA
                    Why dont' we address the spawning issues in our 35 person pub arenas before we attempt making a 50 person pub?
                    but at the sae time it wouldnt be utopia like that - duelers would kill basrrs on their way up etc

internet de la jerome

Comment

Public arenas increase / decrease due to how many people wanting in them. Pub 0 isn't eliter than anyothers. They're all the sames, random people, random teams etc. You wont get better plays in pub 0. I don't think :P
                      EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                      cool koen> :)
                      PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                      cool koen> not because of a bug
                      EvoLd> Lol
                      Treachery> meh
                      EvoLd> why then?
                      PubAceR> women in power dont last
                      EvoLd> LOl
                      toaster oven reviews

Comment

wtf, dont flame UTOPIA!!! hes the man... sTFU allready

Comment

Originally posted by dimboy2
                          Public arenas increase / decrease due to how many people wanting in them. Pub 0 isn't eliter than anyothers. They're all the sames, random people, random teams etc. You wont get better plays in pub 0. I don't think :P
                          Like stated above, most good players go to the first pub. Always when I go to pub I choose the first one on the list, and I know other people who do. And now I don't even have to wait if there is 35 in already €€
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I used to always try getting into 0 just because. Not sure why maybe because intelectually people tell themselves it's special... it's "zero" lol it's the first.

But then again if you esc, a, you'll see it's usually the most full too which further escalates your poor assumption of it being "special" in the first place.

Then if I can't get into 0, i go 1, so on, but they're pubs so who cares

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                              The pub number doesn't really matter
                              I disagree completely. Pub0 is my ss home and I miss it when its not there
                              1:Cig Smoke> stolen
                              Suicide Fish> ?cheater cig smoke repeatedly stealing my kills
                              Message has been sent to online moderators
                              Made You Look> should i bother warning? :o
                              Suicide Fish> Yeah please warn him!
                              Made You Look> I was talking about u
                              MODERATOR WARNING: Don't abuse ?cheater -Made You Look

Bukkake Surprise> there are no nooby ships, only nooby people

Comment

Working...
                              X