Heres an idea for your problems paying for server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heres an idea for your problems paying for server

Why dont you start something like, Donations over 20 dollars can entitle you to Ownership of your own arena (one not made, where they have to provide their OWN settings and map / Lvz).

You have a shit load of people making their own zones but cant get hosting, and if they can get hosting cant get SSC Billing, so fucking kill 2 birds with one stone and see what happens.

That is actually a pretty good idea. But I'm not sure if having ownership lets you change the .lvz or not... but I know it lets you mess with the settings. Hell, I'm sure a lot of people would shell out $20 for the chance to mess around with some settings in their own personal arena.
    sdg

Comment

I'm fairly sure that the fundamental problem is that TW players either don't seem to care or are completely broke.

If someone doesn't think donating $10 or $20 just to play the game (let's say for a year) isn't worthwhile, there isn't a whole lot you can do to change their mind. If everyone that logged in on a weekend sent just $10, the server would be paid for a year. Crazy stuff.

People won't know what they had until it's gone.

llater,
      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by brookus

If someone doesn't think donating $10 or $20 just to play the game (let's say for a year) isn't worthwhile
        how much does it cost to run a server for a year.. doesnt priitk have a job or something
        Code:

[[]]                       
                        [][]                             
                   [][][][][][]                 
                [][]    [[]]                   
                [][]    [[]]            
                   [][][][][][]       
                        [[]]  [][]          
                 [][]   [[]]  [][]           
                     [][][][][]             
                        [][]           
                        [[]]                  

Comment

Originally posted by Scout1
          how much does it cost to run a server for a year.. doesnt priitk have a job or something
          According to the front page, about $700/month. I would imagine that Priit has a job, but how does that matter? I have a job as well. Does that mean I am required to provide a free service to 1000+ strangers?

llater,
          Tony

Comment

Here's my solution. Hosted deathmatch. $5 to enter. Every kill you get earns you $.50. The house can take in a rake. I'd play it.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, but there is just one fundamental flaw. The more arena's, the more lag. Isn't kind of defeating the purpose to make the server more laggy so you can pay for it?

Not to mention things happening like the ?go terrorist fiasco. Where settings got posted, but they were flawed, so whenever you killed some one, the server recycled.
              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
              Message has been sent to online moderators
              2:BLeeN> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>no
              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
              2:BLeeN> ok then no
              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Taciturn Bob
                I forgot who suggested the idea, but there was one idea floating around that had some people willing to give money to fix the lt problem (ie get rid of them, or remove the lev's attaching altogether).

My $100 U.S. is still up for this, and no I am not joking or kidding in anyway. Do this for me and I will give $100, hell I may even give another $100 in a month.
                THat would be Lemmin. For that thread click :::here:::
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Its not a problem that I am broke or not wanna give any money. I just cant pay with a credit card yet because I am not 18 yet and dont have credit cards. end seding money over the mail is way to risky.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Mailing cash envelopes through the postal service is elite!!!!! You just put it in a Thank You card ...
                    Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

I was thinking of doing a squad contribution with RB. It might sound insane, but one dollar to stay on the squad... or join it, and it goes towards the server... and I'll contribute more than a dollar, I'm sure several others will as well.

Comment

I'm down. Paul, it would be insane to make it compulsory, but I do agree that we should round up a squad contribution.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

How about host dodgeball deathmatches to 20, 1 super levi Vs. sharks who have no mine, 1 rep and 1 portal on each life.

You name would be put onto TW official site if you are the last surviving shark.

And you pay US $10 to be the super levi.

Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Rejected Basers isnt worth my 1 Canadian dollar to stay in. I swear I'll join BUNNIES!!! if you make this rule!

Comment

I like sleepy's idea. I'd play it too. Hell, I'd host it.
                              2:STOMPA> my room mate just used my scissors to open her food. those are the scissors i use to trim my pubes

Mamamia! Save the princess Left_eye from the big and fat browser Yojo! ?go MARIO to play it. -nanas <ZH>
                              9:trashed> LOL YOJ
                              9:ph <ER>> LOL FAT BROWSER YOJO
                              9:ph <ER>> OH GOD I SPIT MY WATER EVERYWHERE
                              We need more people here! Yojo? is too fat and 10 isnt enough to life him up. ?go mario -Nanas <ZH>

alinea> if your penis wasn't so big, I coulda cleared it in one rep

Comment

Working...
                              X