No announcement yet.

How to deal with big laggers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've experimented a little playing with lag, playing with some downloads going at the same time, and last weekend, I was at the comp event Sonera hosted, 10ms ave ping but the high was about 2000ms. It was bliss to play with that lag, so much easier to shoot from far, easy to dodge, didn't really hurt hitting that much. Lag really does give you a great advantage, if you're an experienced player, nobody should be able to deny that.
    jee

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God
      Well in my expirience my lag has hurt me a lot more than the other ppl playing against me. I have cable, lag like this is not uncommon:

PING Current:190 ms Average:250 ms Low:140 ms High:2430 ms S2C: 0.2% C2S: 0.7%

Now this means i usually jump around a bit, sometimes its just a little, sometimes its a lot. Of course players often complain that i lag and i have no problem with them doing so. What i do have a problem with is players who assume the only skill i have comes from my lag. In fact the opposite is true. When im spiking like this, id say anywhere from 30-70% (averages roughly 50%) of my hits on players dont kill. I cannot adjust my play to change this fact, ive tried aiming ahead, aiming behind, thrust shots, slow shots. None of them work at all, so when i go up against some1 i try to play defensive so if my hits dont kill i can still survive. If i charge some1, no matter how good they are, at best i have a 70% chance to survive. The only way i can play to greatly improve my rec is to go pure sniping/radar shots or constantly bac away from people as i fire. I find that really lame and i dont have the patience or the lameness in me to do that.

So anyways, dont assume lag is a big positive for every1. I would love a level playing field lag wise because i trust my hand-eye coordination, my reflexes, and my strategy more than enough to go up against any1 in here.

Thanks, Eric is God
      Yeah, I lag about the same as you. All that what you said aplies to me too.

Comment

I need to agree with Blood. I've tried that too. And it is an advantage. But it isnt fun when you can die at all

Elim should be about skills .. not lag.. (same in leagues)
        so elims lag limit should be lower. 350-400 would be fine.

Hmm.. if we think about it this way.. TW sysops are being racist because they took something away from "rich" ppl (resolution) that helped "poor" ppl. But they wont help "rich" ppl to take lag away heh. Lag spoils the fun. And tw should be fun right?

ps. I like the Robin Hood movie.. but in ss...
        Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
        Mirror <ZH> this sucks
        Server> dont worry mirror
        Server> shark fits your tits
        Peace <ZH>> shut up
        Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
        Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
        1:Hercules> im level 90
        1:Hercules> in 9d
        1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
        1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

A 'poor' person view

Originally posted by Server
          I TW sysops are being racist because they took something away from "rich" ppl (resolution) that helped "poor" ppl. But they wont help "rich" ppl to take lag away heh.
          why did they lower the res restriction?
          personaly as a 'poor' person, i can efford a 1600*1200 screen. but i havent got 100$ dolors a month.
          Aliases: Tomer, Golan, Tg

Comment

bla bla bla BLAAAAAA

u go over this time and time again, i swear to god if i didnt come to this forum for a month and then returned, i would know before i looked that one or more of the first ten posts would be about lag and how to solve it. its never gonna be solved fairly. Oh and by the way, laggers dont have much of an advantage, they shoot a ton of duds cause of their lag. Many laggers will call people who dont lag laggers because they themselves lag. ew!

Heres how u can fix lag, and this is the final solution.

A)
            1. Pick your favorite zone
            2. See what the little prefix is (SSCU, SSCX, SSCE)
            3. Send a few hundred thousand dollars to everyone who plays the zone and tell them to move to the location of the server. This is especially easy to do in a zone like A Small Warzone, for it only has about 50 players and will only end up costing about 25 million dollars.
            -Eastern US is SSCE
            -Europe if SSCU
            -Western US if SSCX
            4. There. Problem solved, and in a fair manner! yay!

What if u dont have a few hundred thousand dollars to give to everyone?

B) Shoot the people who lag till they die.

If u cant do that, or find that they shoot u back first,

C) Commit seppuku

There! Now everyone in trench wars and for that matter subspace has a happy solution to lag.
            Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
            apt>yes u can wtf
            apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
            apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
            apt>so i dont miss the toilet
            Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
            apt>na
            apt>ill show you pictures
            apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
              bla bla bla BLAAAAAA

A)
              1. Pick your favorite zone
              2. See what the little prefix is (SSCU, SSCX, SSCE)
              3. Send a few hundred thousand dollars to everyone who plays the zone and tell them to move to the location of the server. This is especially easy to do in a zone like A Small Warzone, for it only has about 50 players and will only end up costing about 25 million dollars.
              -Eastern US is SSCE
              -Europe if SSCU
              -Western US if SSCX
              4. There. Problem solved, and in a fair manner! yay!

What if u dont have a few hundred thousand dollars to give to everyone?

B) Shoot the people who lag till they die.

If u cant do that, or find that they shoot u back first,

C) Commit seppuku

There! Now everyone in trench wars and for that matter subspace has a happy solution to lag.
              can we still cut off the arm of two handed people?
              Aliases: Tomer, Golan, Tg

Comment

I had some intellegent to say, but you gays are so gay, that it just isn't worth it.

Epi, the one-hit-one-kill is what makes TW unique from about every other zone with SuperSettings or blatant SVS rip-offs.

Comment

wait, i gotta even better idea.

o.k. here it is

When you shoot someone your bullets smacks 'em right in the nose and just makes that annoying spark and the ship doesnt blow up, you should say: "STOP RIGHT THERE MISTER! I JUST HIT YOU WITH A BULLET AND YOU DID NOT EXPLODE@@!!!1" At that point, the lagger would stop and say "ok, have at it" and then sit there and let u shoot him till he pops.

tell me that THAT is not the best idea to solve this so far!
                  Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                  apt>yes u can wtf
                  apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                  apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                  apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                  Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                  apt>na
                  apt>ill show you pictures
                  apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

you people bitch to much...

stfu and deal with it

-no sex-

Comment

NUTSACKS!!!!!
                      <3<3<3<3<3<3
                      Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

push's avatar is just odd looking. its an eyesore. stupid poison control
                        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Back to topic... I deal with laggers by going to my local drugstore and purchasing a blindfold. I then come home and turn on continuum. As soon as I see someone like DanyalDenmo or 2dragons I grab the blindfold and put it over my eyes. I keep playing SS and have found I have a better chance of hitting them using this method.
                          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Yeah lag is horrible. I dunno how it can help anyone at all. People whine about hitting you, when you've hit them 3 times already.
                            I never really cared for looking up advan of lag, but it doesn't help me.
                            If you find me on a good connection, you'll notice a hugh change in my score anywhere. Lag has made me not want to try 80% of the time. What EiG is true, it's just no fun.

Web_
                            Web

Comment

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
                              Even better, lets all stop playing until they make a Mac version of Continuum!
                              I'm down.
                              2: DaNuMbA1OrGaZmO> virginia is where all faggots are from that wear a condum

Overwhelm> Maisoul used to be a loser
                              Overwhelm> then he joined paladen and became leet ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Funk
                                Lag has made me not want to try 80% of the time. What EiG is true, it's just no fun.

Web_
                                Well, then don't play. Everyone will be happier.
                                Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Working...
                                X