This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim Exploitation

Before I start, I just want to say that I thought it was rather amusing what took place. For those of you who don't know, Deo has a 17000+ rating in elim. To do this, they exploited the "wins*ave/loses" equation. He raised his ave to almost 7000 by killing someone with a 270000 rating! He and someone else started by making someone have a high rating, then having that guy die 10 times to someone else, repeating that process about 5 times. Then Deo killed the last guy to get his rating. Unfortuneatly, Robster1321, #2 atm, accidently killed one of those guys with high rating, which boosted his rating up about 300... When he finds out, he prolly wont be too happy... Anyway, this exploit can easily be solved by having the ave be a max of 500. It is rare for any player to be over 500 ave, and even rarer for someone to actually hold it. That way, the wins and loses are the important factors, like they should be. Though, the actual winning of elims should really be part of the equation as well because right now I am pretty sure they aren't.

amen
    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

This isn't the first time this happened. Unknown back in the day went in, went 1-0 and spec'd. he got high ranking good buddies to feed him. his rank was off the scale as he ended near 100-0 However since it was only 1-0 and wasn't enough to even get him in the roboref rankings, nobody cared. Deo is just copying something done 2-3 years ago but doing it to the extreme.
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Let the Newbie have his 15 minute of fame. Then give Jack back his #1.
        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
        cool koen> :)
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        cool koen> not because of a bug
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        PubAceR> women in power dont last
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

This is NOT what Unknown did. Unknown tried to get the Win part of the equation high and the loss part low. Deo just got the Ave part up... Because of this, ANYONE can pull this stunt off given a small amount of time. It needs to be fixed. People like Unknown wont matter because there is no way they can play 500 games to get ranked.

Comment

Okay, seeing as people still don't seem to understand, I'll explain how this is different to unknown and why it needs to be fixed (and how I think it should be fixed). Oh and BTW I couldn't really care less about fame on a spaceship game. I just thought it would be funny.

Elim Rating = kills/deaths * ave

ave = average rating of all people you kill

So to boost your elim rating you can either go for a big ratio of kills to deaths (i.e. Unknown's 100-0 rec) or a big ave. in either case, it'd be pretty hard to get ranked, 500 kills and no deaths would take too long, and feeding 500 kills off of high ranked accounts would also take a long time. However, if you feed a small number of kills from an account which has a superhigh rating (we're talking hundereds of thousands here), the average rating of people you kill will rise significantly enough to affect your rating, even if you have 500 kills + deaths (ranking criteria for those of you who weren't aware).

So the trick is building an account with a really high rating (the number of kills+deaths is irrelevant, and that's the weakness of the elim ranking system). If you go 5-0 say, you get a rating of ~1500. you have a really big +-, but I never did figure out what difference it made anwyay. Kill this account 5 times with another account, and the new account has ave 1500, ratio 5:1 (at least I think that's what robo treats it as) and rating 7500. Etc Etc Etc.

Obviously this can be pulled off by anyone with a little spare time and enough spare accounts. You can follow back the trail of acocunts using the elim webpage easily enough.

Although metalkid's fix would work, a more elegant solution which wouldn't hurt people who tried to legitimately build an ave of over 500 by hunting people exclusively in the top 100 (e.g. check Ypsilon's legitimate ave), would be to use the +-. I don't know how it is calculated (anyone?) but if the points towards your average you obtained from killing someone were calculated randomly by selecting a number within the +- range from the top down, with the probability of getting any 1 value decreasing logarithmically from the rating - (minus) the +- value. I don't know if I explained that well enough, but I guess it'll make sense to people who'd be fixing it.

If it still doesn't make sense, just assume it's dead funny.
            Robo Ref> No.1 Rating: 17639(+-97) Wins:6 Games:35 Kills:371 Deaths:146 Ave:6988

Comment

MK shoots, HE SCORES!!!!
              I hate you all.

Comment

Oh also, if someone boosted a rating on one account as described above enough, they'd max out the integer type, and presumably the value for their rating would go negative. It's easily possible as well. That would totally screw up the rating system, every time you killed someone with a rating of - 2^31 -1 or whatever, your rating would fall to something similar and their would remain the same. And so on whenever someone else killed this new person with a negative rating, their rating would become negative.
                Last edited by Nimbo; 11-09-2003, 03:06 PM.
                Robo Ref> No.1 Rating: 17639(+-97) Wins:6 Games:35 Kills:371 Deaths:146 Ave:6988

Comment

Dimboy just cause you haven't nor ever will have your 15 minutes of fame doesn't make him a newbie.
                  7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                  1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                  8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                  Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                  Piston> I own in belim
                  6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Originally posted by froedrick
                    Dimboy just cause you haven't nor ever will have your 15 minutes of fame doesn't make him a newbie.
                    I was on You've been framed once.
                    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
                    cool koen> :)
                    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                    cool koen> not because of a bug
                    EvoLd> Lol
                    Treachery> meh
                    EvoLd> why then?
                    PubAceR> women in power dont last
                    EvoLd> LOl
                    toaster oven reviews

Comment

special.
                      7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                      1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                      8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                      Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                      Piston> I own in belim
                      6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

what nimbo is saying is if you do this, anyone that annoys you in elim...you can crush their rating

Comment

oh. nimbo and cummie both posted on the same topic.

PS. DEO IS LEET
                          FairLightS> teenage mutant hero turtles just finished downloading
                          Final Hit> ...
                          Final Hit> you mean teenage mutant ninja turtles
                          FairLightS> yea thats the one
                          FairLightS> but they still my heros

Pearl Jam> oh whateva **snaps fingers**

Comment

who gives a fuck, it's elim
                            To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
                            brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

Originally posted by pv=nrt
                              who gives a fuck, it's elim
                              5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                              5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                              5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Working...
                              X