Idea for mappers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for mappers...

hey, a up-and-coming mapper and I were recently chatting about a new map he had made when someone else came in and started talking about how the map looked "gothic".

This got me to thinking, SS really does have map styles...Archaic, like TW, sleek/modern, like EG, detailed like Metal Gear...

I want to create something like epi's TW history, except just with maps. It has a definite pattern..just look at SVS zone maps, and then look at EG..theres literally hundreds of things ppl have created and added over the years.

So if you'd like to donate an old map (screenshot / file itself) and the 'history' (zone it was used in, year, etc) I could put it all togehter into kind of archive and learning tool for new mappers. Personally, I didnt get good at mapping until i went to 2-3 different zones and studied the little things about the maps (like TW's map and all the bombing holes, perfect angle setups etc)

or, you can submit a map displaying a specific trait. for examply, goto SSCC omega fire, and then ?go turf -- its my map using TW-style map techniques.

it's just an idea, might never happen, but im bored and next week i got nothing to do. So message me here, my email is andy@ofhq.com if you wish.
    Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 11-20-2003, 10:54 PM.
    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Originally posted by MaGi kOz
    would be great if we had new maps:

twld : make the map smaller or make the map a circle instead of rectangle; oval maybe.

twlj : change the whole map. create two spawn areas and a circle base with no phsyical boundaries that can keep the player out of the base. we want the defending players having trouble entering base INSIDE not outside- unlike your typical pub map:

that would be interesting.

i posted this in the TW staff forum for new jav maps. =)

Comment

looks like the map for elim in hs
      i RdE teh soRt bUS To sHcooL

Comment

Would not matter for me how the map looked but since there is the option to have different spawnareas for the freqs I think they should be spawned separately.
        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
        5: Da1andonly> =((
        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

I don't know if you've thought of this but if the freqs spawn in different places it wouldn't eliminate spawning. The other team members would just camp in enm spawn... Unless you made a event where the point of the game is just to reach enm spawn arena - I kindof like that idea.

Vitron

Comment

I prefere a more modern look, not too metalic tho. Tw is a mixture of map ideas; fishtank,airstrike,battleship,saucers are not related to the trenchwars style. Thus i belive that Tw maps should not have one style but many. If your talking about the pub map i can see your point, but when you compare the whole zone to others, Tw sticks out.

Btw, nice map
            Celibrate
            XXX is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitron2
              I don't know if you've thought of this but if the freqs spawn in different places it wouldn't eliminate spawning. The other team members would just camp in enm spawn... Unless you made a event where the point of the game is just to reach enm spawn arena - I kindof like that idea.

Vitron

or have bots restrict either freq from going in either's spawn area?

didn't you know? bots can do anything now-a-days. even make ice cream in 49 flavors.

Comment

Hi

Comment

ded thread dude
                  Celibrate
                  XXX is overrated.

Comment

Magi ... look in the Tech forums ... I'm gonna take a stab at your circular jav map idea. So I need to ask you some questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
                      Magi ... look in the Tech forums ... I'm gonna take a stab at your circular jav map idea. So I need to ask you some questions.
                      ok

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage
                        Hi
                        Hello
                        3:disown> some dude just honked at me
                        3:waven> if i get any more medals its gonna crash the site
                        3:disown> pulling him over
                        3:disown> fukin clown
                        3:Revolt> you driving?
                        3:disown> yes
                        3:disown> at work
                        3:Revolt> ??
                        3:tmac <ZH>> the fuk
                        3:Revolt> in police car
                        3:disown> pulling him over, one sec
                        3:tmac <ZH>> LOL
                        3:Revolt> playing trench wars?
                        3:Revolt> ?????????