This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• things get more and more ridiculous!

today i got warned due to racism because of saying this to the player muslim:

Evoce> go and kill some innocent ppl, muslim

whatever u say, this is not racist in ANY case. nt tho
    (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
    (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
    \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
    << evoce >>
    /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
    (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
    (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
    TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
    TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

</sarcasm>

Comment

u claim to be german so thats like me saying to you:

Mr. Peanuts> go and kill some innocent jews, nazi.

get over it mate, just coz one thing happened in history, it doesnt mean the whole race is responsible for it.

Comment

and thats exactly my point. muslim isnt a race. doesnt matter if my statement was correct or not. nt again

EDIT:

if somebody says:

Mr. Peanuts> go and kill some innocent jews, nazi

would he get warned for racism? no he would not because its obvious that he is against nazis and their attitude.
        Last edited by Evoce; 12-02-2003, 05:51 PM.
        (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
        (¯`*•.¸,¤°´'`°•.¸O¸.•°´'`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
        \~~~~~~~•.•~~~~~~~/
        << evoce >>
        /~~~~~~~.•.~~~~~~~\
        (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸.•'´O`'•.¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)
        (_¸.•*´'`°¤¸¸¤°´'`*•.¸_)

TWLJ Season 10 Champion (Thunder)
        TWLD Season 9 Champion (Sk8)
        TWLD Season 8 Runner up (Pirates)

Comment

or just don't say it

Comment

Whether or not one considers Muslims to be a race is irrelevant (it isn't, by the way) as the statement is discriminatory. If your only beef is that you were warned for racism when you should have been warned for making a non-racist yet equally discriminatory statement, then please kindly sit down and not do anything else along a similar vein until the statute of limitations on your warning expires.

Secondly, regarding the Nazi example, yes, it isn't racist because it's showing he's against nazis. However it IS racist because it shows he's against Germans.

Thirdly, if you are really going to get indignant about something like this, think things through before unleashing your righteous fury in believing you were wronged while ignoring the fact that you were wrong.

Comment

couldnt have explained it better

Comment

Originally posted by Evoce
                Originally posted by Evoce
                Mr. Peanuts> go and kill some innocent jews, nazi

would he get warned for racism? no he would not because its obvious that he is against nazis and their attitude.
                so following your argumentation you are against muslim and their attitude? that is not politically correct.

Fluffz> go and kill some jews, german guy
                would be a better example. it is insulting and therefore deserves a warning.

i dont think that it makes any difference that muslim was his nick either since you pointed that out...

Comment

he might have gotten killed while typing and as not to offend the wrong person added muslim

edit: btw, if (i forget who) had "bastard" banned from TW, shouldnt muslim also be outlawed? What if someone came is as Nazi, or Jew? If saying it's bannable, having it as your handle for all to see should be worse eh?
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

You guys do understand that you're making the entire situation worse just by complaining about shit like this, right? Right?

Just don't do/say stupid shit, and nothing bad will happen.

I can't stress that enough.
                    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

I got banned for saying inuit, so that should have been a lesson to you all that racism is not tolerated in any way shape or form in this zone.
                      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Vehicle, need we remind you once again of a little thing called CONTEXT?

Saying certain words isn't the problem. It's the way in which you used them. As was explained in the post about your situation, the problem was your use of the name of a race of people in a way that was insulting. Ignoring the reasons you are wrong doesn't make you right anywhere else but in your own head and perhaps the mirror you use to convince yourself.

Comment

Duplicate thread, we've already got a ton of these. On much less specious footing too. If you're going to take the time to make a new thread, please bring something new to the table. If you have a problem with how a staffer handled the situation, please use the email.

Topic Closed

Comment

Working...
                          X