Weasel Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weasel Settings

I think the weasel settings should be changed in the pubs to be like they are in ?go bigbase. The settings have the bullets that the weasels shoots move faster, but stealth and cloak take up more energy, so if you have both on at once, you lose energy fairly fast. This would be better, since you could only be completely indetectable by ships without xradar for a few seconds before you'd have too low of energy to fire. This would add a refreshing element of strategy to using the weasel. It would also probably be liked by other ships better since it would be harder for the weasel to kill them without it being the other ship's fault. The tradeoff for the weasel would of course be the faster moving bullets, which would make it easier to kill other ships, especially terriers. The weasel would hardly ever be thought of by anyone as a cheap ship again.

Edit: I forgot to mention, the energy went up to 1300.
    Last edited by Lucon; 01-31-2004, 11:17 PM.
    The pleasure's all mine.

lets not!

the weasel is fine like it is!!!!
    Originally posted by Kolar
    My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
    ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Well it would be a lot better that way.
      The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

lemme write a haiku about weasels to express my emotions.

Three hundred bounty!
        Some newbie fucker cloaks me,
        Use X radar, terr!
        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
        apt>na
        apt>ill show you pictures
        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Well, if these settings were implemented, if you died from a weasel, chances would be it was your own fault.
          The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucon
            Well, if these settings were implemented, if you died from a weasel, chances would be it was your own fault.
            So what you are saying is, you would like for all skill involved in using a cloaker, (And yes, some is involved,) to be removed from the cloaker?
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Of course not. If anything, this would make much, much more skill involved in being a cloaker. What I meant was, that in most cases, you the weasel who had killed you wouldn't have been completely indetectable, so it would be partially your fault for being killed by them.
              The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Why are you gimping a ship which already significantly underperforms compared to other TW ships? Go take a look at some of the old Weasel settings megathreads in SSCU Trench Wars forum, it might give you some insight into what's already been brought up about the current weasel settings.

Comment

Well, the weasel would be a lot better at killing with these settings, and could take another red bullet shot before it would die. If anything, I'm making the weasel a little better.
                  Last edited by Lucon; 01-04-2004, 02:37 AM.
                  The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

not really, you're making it slighty harder to die, but also harder to actually get kills. If anything you're keeping the weasel the same.

Comment

The weasel should go back to what it was before it became this tiny little crap. End of story.
                      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                      There wont be another election for president.
                      Obama is the Omega President.
                      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

So what you are saying is, you would like for all skill involved in using a cloaker, (And yes, some is involved,) to be removed from the cloaker?
                        first of all, i think that would make it so there is more skill involved. newbies like to fly cloakers for two reasons. its easy to get kills because people cant fight back, and they are intrigued by being able to fly by enemies unseen. however intriguing it may be though, it is lame when you die and its not your fault. this signifies that the worst player in the game should be able to kill the best player in the game, because the best player can do nothing to protect against it. there is something very wrong with that.

and saying that it is under powered is another weak rebuttal. for one thing, this means that it is not a balanced ship. it should have more power... but NOBODY wants it to have more power cause then it would be lamer than ever. the fact that it is weak does not make up for the fact that it is lame.
                        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                        apt>yes u can wtf
                        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                        apt>na
                        apt>ill show you pictures
                        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
                          not really, you're making it slighty harder to die, but also harder to actually get kills. If anything you're keeping the weasel the same.
                          I think it would be quite a bit easier to get kills with the faster
                          travellling bullets.

Originally posted by za gophar
                          the fact that it is weak does not make up for the fact that it is lame.
                          Exactly. That's why I'm making it less lame and more powerful.

By the way, I would like for it to be normal sized, though I forgot to mention that. I guess it could be small too, but then it would have to have 900 energy.
                          Last edited by Lucon; 01-04-2004, 12:47 PM.
                          The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

I think weasel is fine.

If you have a terr at your base (which you should) or a jav, there really isn't that much of a problem.

The only real lameness is killing levis before they can attach
                            --|-- Question #60 | Category: History
                            --|-- Question: What husband wife team starred in "a turkey for the president"?
                            --|-- Hint: Starts with 'Ron'
                            ConCor> ronald reagan
                            ConCor> ronal
                            --|-- No one has given the correct answer of 'Ronald and Nancy Reagon'

Comment

Well, I'm not trying to make the weasel easier to kill or "less of a problem". In fact, the weasel is my favorite ship. I'm trying to make it more balanced and fun to play.
                              Last edited by Lucon; 01-04-2004, 05:08 PM.
                              The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X