Idiot javs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot javs.

I don't think amazing is a strong enough word to describe the level of idiocy of most of the javs in the pure pub. Maybe baffling is more accurate. Im fucking baffled as to how they can get me killed so much. Whether it is bombing me, or catching enemy bombs and killing everyone around them, there is always a stready flow deaths that result from javs being retarded. it really blows my mind, i think im going crazy. it is absolutely ridiculous. javs bomb the entrance when there arent even enemies around and tk me. javs bomb people in close combat during flagroom fights that kill the enemy and also the person fighting them. they are so retarded. ban their dumb asses.

I propose that certain ships should limits on the ammount of people using them. terrs - 3 per team. javs - 3 per team. sharks - 2 per team.

Or maybe guanobot could monitor the ammount of tks. After 1 tk would be a warning. the second one would be a ship switch, and the third one would be a 3 day ban. this is not too harsh, there is ample warning. i think 1 guy tked me probably over ten times in an hour yesterday and it was not on purpose at all. and i was not the only one being tked. we told him to get out of jav and he was like "what is a jav?" we told him and he said "the yellow ship" is the only fun one. sigh.
    Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
    apt>yes u can wtf
    apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
    apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
    apt>so i dont miss the toilet
    Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
    apt>na
    apt>ill show you pictures
    apt>next time I masturbate

For years I've been telling people that javs are overrated and worse than levis or cloakers. Javs tk much more than levis do, not because of pure power but because of their sheer numbers. I'd rather have a levi in the flag room than two javs lobbing bombs into the flag room tunnel. People see the bouncing bomb and think they can do it too. Of those that actually do, only a handful know when to do it and when not to.

Placing limits on them isn't a good idea though. The trend we've been following lately is towards more and more spiders and yet another limit will push towards that. Now I may be biased, as Spiders are the hardest ships to Shark against, but if we follow this trend in evolution and have Spiders everywhere, gameplay and individual skill will stagnate as the focus shifts to who can fill the flag room with L1 bullets (This isn't to say that Spiders lack skill, but that when you have too many Spiders, skill is drowned out by volume.)

And before anyone starts off with a comment about Za Gophar whining about another ship, at least add some insight and discuss the issue too, lest your comments be just as useless as the whining you complain about.

Comment

yeah yeah chaos SVS has freq limits perhaps jav limits would be cool
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

My stance is that balance is a must. A great pub frequency is optimized considering an average of 12 players-

2 terrs
        2 sharks
        2 javs
        2 wbs
        3 spiders
        1 lanc/weasel

Rarely, I get to play in this kind of environment, and the flag is held for hours at a time. The problem is that most new players are tuned to play either the wb (because of it's one-shot-kill that makes trench so attractive), or the javelin, because of its dual bomb/bullet capability. Limiting the number of a certain ship probably won't change much, as the majority of pub javs will still be new players who don't know how to properly operate the ship.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Going beyond looking at just how many Javs there are out there, I've long wondered how things might have been if ship 1 had the Terr's abilities, 2 the Spider's, etc...

While the Warbird had long been considered a popular ship, Javs are now becoming more popular than before. A simple reason people play more wbs and javs is because they are the first two ships on the list. Most players would begin with the wb, some would then radiate to the next ship on the list, the Jav. Right off the bat, those are the ships most new players start off learning, but they aren't the ones most vital for basing. Some newer players might eventually play all the ships, but the probable order would be numerically down the list. Having the Wb and Jav give the first impressions make the ships following seem less glamourous, leading to the prevailing bias towards those two ships. Sure people might have gone to those two regardless of their ship number, but psychologically, you'd have to wonder how much this first impression has affected the player base.

Comment

Limit the jav...bring back the LT.

Or...quit your whining, this isn't your first thread about TKing javs you know.
            Ну вот...

Comment

yeah, i think i know that. i have been working on my spidering in pub though, and after 1000 deaths i could not resist posting. probably 100-200 of those deaths were a result of tk's or people on my team getting bombed and taking me with them. im not exagerating. i am trying to be constructive any way.
              Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
              apt>yes u can wtf
              apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
              apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
              apt>so i dont miss the toilet
              Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
              apt>na
              apt>ill show you pictures
              apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

if i'm pubbing i'd say about 3 out of 4 of my deaths are caused by someone else.
                There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Wow Addy, I'd say that about all of my deaths were the result of someone else.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

The large number of javs in pure pub has been annoying me too but it would spoil the game if the numbers of each ship type were limited. A lot of the interest in playing in pub arenas is being able to change ship type whenever u want and you often see ppl changing ships depending on what they are doing, whether they are attacking/defending etc. (although a lot of ppl do have their asses glued in a jav).

My main problem with the large number of javs not the tking but its that javs are only useful in a secure, well defended base, i.e. with sharks/spiders and other ships defending. Otherwise they're not much use. Attacking they shoot through the fr holes and, unless they kill the terr, anything they kill just re-attaches. Defending with mostly javs justs lets the enemy walk into base while the javs are trying to find their shots. Any fight in the flag room with lots of javs on your freq is pretty useless unless they're lucky.

But the thing is that javs are fun to play. I'd like to jav more but often don't as there are too many on the freq already.

The best solution I see is to have a second pure pub arena with a minimum ?usage limit. If that was done ppl there would hopefully be more interested in basing, would understand what ships a team needs, and if ppl were javs they would be less likely to tk. (Would also stop ppl creating new nicks just to tk).

PS. should also limit the second pure pub arena to 2 freqs only as that pisses me off too!

GP

Comment

You guys won't stop whining now, won't you?
                      Stop whining about the fucking ships. Just let people play this game! Remember: you were this stupid jav once too...
                      I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

I don't think giving Guanobot the power to ban people without a mod present is a good idea, I can just see the mass compliants and bitching as a result of this. Maybe if Guanobot could warn them on the first tk then warn them again for the 2nd...Then if they do it again ban them from javing for like 1-3 hours or green them a engine shut down or power lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
                          I don't think giving Guanobot the power to ban people without a mod present is a good idea, I can just see the mass compliants and bitching as a result of this. Maybe if Guanobot could warn them on the first tk then warn them again for the 2nd...Then if they do it again ban them from javing for like 1-3 hours or green them a engine shut down or power lock.
                          I like the sound of that...It would decrease the work of staff as well...no more ?help calls about guys tking and sheit like that...
                          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

How can you possibly restrict the number of javs or whatever ship in a pub?? they dont all move towards the base u know....

there are ppl randomly flying a terrier in pub trying to get as much wins as they can without dying.... it would be stupid to restrict that to 2 or 3 or what number you had in mind... it would restrict the options of a public zone...
                            isnt that what pub was all about in the first place??
                            Trench Wars Moderator
                            TW Gallery Admin
                            TWEL Operator
                            aka ronaldo

Comment

We're just spoiled with good basing from .?go base.

Comment

Working...
                              X