Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to test your house/map before you mail it in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to test your house/map before you mail it in?

Are there any programs or whatever that will let you "test" it out first? I've got a pretty cool house coming along, but I want to try out a few things first to see if they work ok.
    sdg

www.shanky.com/server

You'll have to set up your own server and connect to it. Don't worry, it's pretty easy if you're computer literate. The downside however is that you can't test how it would work with Trench Wars settings since TW settings are super top secret and only TW Staff, Crown of Thorns, and Annux have them. Along with a bunch of other unimportant people.
    I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

CA$H

Comment

I got it working already. Thanks so much dude! I was expecting a bunch of asshole posts like "OMG newbie gtfo" or whatever.

Thanks again.
        sdg

Comment

why doesnt cont have an offline map like ss did? and you would just change from the default offline map to yours by renaming your map to "local.lvl" and replacing it :/
          Last edited by Spybreak!; 08-18-2002, 08:42 PM.
          hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
          !

Comment

Remember, I'm here to HELP all the people of this ZONE.

The reason why you can't play Continuum single player is because PriitK got lazy and didn't want to waste time adding such a virtually useless feature to the new client. Probably because it's only useful to the select few who like to develop maps and most of those few have a server they can play around with.
            I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Subspace Single Player = Awesome

Especially since it would teach newer players how to play.

Why not add a basic story line and put some shitty AI and make 10 levels of some gameplay? Hell some people might enjoy this...

Comment

would it teach the basics?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                  would it teach the basics?
                  rofl pauL
                  i love the ishkur site u know it!
                  hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
                  !

Comment

Originally posted by Annux

Especially since it would teach newer players how to play.

thats how i learned to play ss

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                      I got it working already. Thanks so much dude! I was expecting a bunch of asshole posts like "OMG newbie gtfo" or whatever.

Thanks again.
                      OMG newbie gtfo?

I hate it when I can't live up to people's expectations.
                      Originally posted by Ward
                      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

The easiest way to test out your map is to download Subspace 1.35 and put your map in as local.lvl and then enter the Practice arena. You can even play around with settings and do some neat things.
                        The individual, a prisoner. Humanity holding the key to the opression. Everyone a prisoner, holding a portion of the whole truth. And so the enigma perpetuates. Insentient, lifeless. Grinning mockingly at its creators through its cold, inanimate lips.
                        -Dys

Comment

Originally posted by Spybreak!
                          why doesnt cont have an offline map like ss did? and you would just change from the default offline map to yours by renaming your map to "local.lvl" and replacing it :/
                          Making a zone is so much easier in the long run, then u just gotta make a map and throw it in Server dir

And not all staff have settings, just the ones who require it.....

Comment

Working...
                          X