Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you could change anything...

Originally posted by crazi
    democracy inside staff...(such as if all the ZH's and ER's) voted against someone being a smod, the smod would be relieved of duty.
    That's a terrible idea. Things are much simpler with the sysops in charge. Democracy creates factions and bickering.
    'vet' is the new 'newb'.
    sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Yeah. We've seen some of the bickering among staff right now. Just think what would happen if those arguments actually carried some weight over matters. At least right now it stays petty enough that the odd outside observer can be entertained occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by aussie
        Get rid of the useless <ZH>'s that never answer calls even when you know they aren't busy and aren't afk..
        Not mentioning any names.
        I am, tekwiz.

Having ZHs and ERs vote against mods or smods is silly. If anything like that, the TW community should be able to vote against ZHs and ERs.
        Ну вот...

Comment

why not? maybe cuz im american, i think a democracy works best.
          im not saying any guy who just started playing 3 days ago should be allowed to change anything but why not?

Sysops don't have time to always watch everyone, neither do smods. Everyone watches over each other like a check and balance method.

Lou: tru, but isn't there already bickering in staff (thats what i hear from certain staffers)

Staff is better than before, better than any other zone but i think things can still get better.

There are alot of bitter staff members and with good reason.
          1:Randedl> dude, if you ever spam out again during a game i'm benching you forever heh

5:Attila> then i sell windows vista and mac os's and stuff
          5:Attila> its good drinkin money :/
          5:crazi> u gonna be drinking cocks when they lock u up
          5:Crazy> cockmeat sandwiches
          5:Attila> :\
          5:crazi> dont forget the appetizer
          5:Crazy> jizz rag soup?
          5:crazi> Seasoned Grade A Meyer's Ranch 100% pure Cock with truffles and a light crab sauce
          5:Attila> u make it sound so yummy

Comment

Originally posted by crazi
            why not? maybe cuz im american, i think a democracy works best.
            im not saying any guy who just started playing 3 days ago should be allowed to change anything but why not?

Sysops don't have time to always watch everyone, neither do smods. Everyone watches over each other like a check and balance method.

Lou: tru, but isn't there already bickering in staff (thats what i hear from certain staffers)

Staff is better than before, better than any other zone but i think things can still get better.

There are alot of bitter staff members and with good reason.
            I have to disagree with you crazi, 'democratic' management is usually called "management by committee" and it is very hard to make things work this way. You get things like diffusion of responsibility in the management chain with a 'democratic' management methodology. This is why most military organizations and corporations eschew anything that even looks like a democracy. These structures need ‘checks and balances’, not democracies.

Comment

Working...
            X