?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?go base

We all know that ?go base is members only - only members from top 10 or 5 squads are picked. At the beginning (it is more than year now) I used to write repeatedly that i want to play. Now I know it is useless.
    Nowdays I go base when players are picked just to wonder if something happens. Nothing - noone wants spider who is not member of Rejected, Paladen, etc...
    I know that noone wants noob players in base but I suggest this.
    Last player (spider in both teams) wuold be chosen by bot. Is it possible? It would give a CHANCE to play to everyone and one spider shouldnt be such a harm.
    Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Fa shizzle
    http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
    ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

We all know that ?go base is members only - only members from top 10 or 5 squads are picked. At the beginning (it is more than year now) I used to write repeatedly that i want to play. Now I know it is useless.
      there are a lot of things that you can do to get yourself noticed volny. thats what its all about.. getting noticed enough so that one day when there is a slim selection in ?go base, you will be the one they choose because you are the one whose name they recognize. being picked this one time will cause a few others to recognize your name.. especially if you own. After a while you will fit in with everyone else. just get name recognition somehow, its what everyone else has done.
      Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
      apt>yes u can wtf
      apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
      apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
      apt>so i dont miss the toilet
      Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
      apt>na
      apt>ill show you pictures
      apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

I got picked when I was squadless. It was harder but I was still consistantly playing in almost every game.

When I captain, I usually (well sometimes) give the last spot to the first person that pms me. If the person isn't someone I dislike, I usually put them in, even if it's someone I don't know.

The thing with the arena is that it isn't friendly to strangers or people that just float in every once in a blue moon. If you don't make yourself stand out in some way, and then play often, you probably aren't going to get much of a chance.
        sdg

Comment

I dont like ?go base.

If you dont wanna risk not getting picked, pub 0 is the place for you.

I am Plasma.

Comment

RE:

Problem is - how to get known. When i play i am either in duel or dd but mostly in purepub.
            Doesnt seem working (and i do not think i am total looser)

Comment

oh well.

I am Plasma.

Comment

Re: RE:

Originally posted by Volny
                Problem is - how to get known. When i play i am either in duel or dd but mostly in purepub.
                Doesnt seem working (and i do not think i am total looser)
                Duelers don't hop in there for the most part, so the basing community is made of people who primarily base.
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

RE RE RE

Sure, but basers base at base or BD, so how can i get known???
                  but this is not what i wanted to say.

Suggestion was that random player. - so no way to do it?

Comment

the bots gonna have to know who is afk or not and it would be probably too much trouble to get a bot to do that. what you can do to play is just only sit there, dont go to other arenas. if someone needs a sub and you are the only one there then most likely u will get picked. you have to not spam stupid stuff like (name)> <------------------ GOOD IN TERR , JAV , SHARK when those ships are already taken. stay cooool and someone will pick you

Comment

Some people will tell you this is the wrong approach, but I think it'll work just fine. Be as obnoxious as possible. Keep asking every match to get in. Stick with it. If a match starts, and you didn't get picked, hang around and jump on the first chance to get subbed in. You may not be liked at first, but you'll be noticed. Then once you're noticed, you can start singing a different tune and people will get over the obnoxious part.

Or you could just be really fucking cool, like yours truly.
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Pop your head in there when there aren't a lot of people. You're going to want to start as a spider... just say something like <--- Spider since captains like to see people that WANT to spider. Make sure when you're IN these games, you make the most of it. That means grabbing an mvp, getting a good rec, useless things like that people tend to look for, for one reason or another.

Maybe next TWEL season, you could beef up in your spider dueling. That will MOST deffinetly help you when it comes to basing. Sure you need to get used to being a base spider, but the aim, the energy conservation and dodging that you learn from dueling will give you a great head start. You'll look even better if you can manage to get in top 5 for spider duels in TWEL. That might sound hard, but you don't have to be the best, just play a lot of them, play a mix of people and work your way up there.. not only will this get you noticed, but more importantly it'll work your spidering.

Just don't be annoying about being picked, pop your head in when there's 22 or less (usually even a lil more than that because people go afk) and hope for the best. Beggers can't be chosers, so if you dislike spider, suck it up and wait until people start trusting you enough in spider, to try you in different ships.

Comment

I got picked when I was on LevTerr, you can do it too!
                          Ну вот...

Comment

ask an established TW player if they will adopt you. Then make a totally wannabe name like (name) jr under which you will get picked by gullble people who assume you really apt aliased. Unfortunantly this does nothing for getting you known under your normal name.
                            SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

wadi's mini guide to getting picked in go base (2-types):

The good route:
                              1.) be patient, don't expect to get picked your first time in there.
                              2.) let people know you're new. Generally basers will be a lot more forgiving than if you try to pull the, "NO I'M NOT NEW, I CAN PLAY IN ELIM!" bs.
                              3.) chat with the locals. Try to strike up a conversation with those folks who are basing regulars. Ask them who to watch in game, and then go watch those people so when you do get put in you can make the most of it. (This one applies to everyone, new and old, really)
                              4.) Try to play during slightly off peak hours, or in a ?go base2 game. ?go base is supposed to be high quality basing (hahahahahahaahahaaaahahahaahahahahaha, woo!), so it makes sense that you won't get picked if you're not known. Captains don't like taking chances if their's a real game in the making.
                              5. back to 3, it applies to anything. People could be talking about cars, brew, doilies, harmonicas, whatever. Just get involved.
                              Notable player who (I think) used this method: Credit Account

The bad/stupid/asshole route:
                              1.) annoy captains with pming till they put you in.
                              2.) talk trash about the over new people to seem cool.
                              3.) get captain and put yourself in. Especially terrier and jav, the ships that new people ruin a team with. Fill the rest of the team out with people you're sucking up to.
                              4.) make a name like "wade", or "no one can kill me to", or "broukos" and try to fool people into thinking you're someone alt nicked.
                              Notable players who used this method: Galleleo, RabbitRapist

Here's the funny part, neither of these ways is better than the other. Sure you have to be a douche bag to go the second route, but it's at least as effective, if not more so, than the first.

Originally posted by Volny
                              If it's members only, what the hell are all these assholes doing in the club pool? And who left their underwear in the steam room, that's not cool. the "members only" comment is really one of those useless whines that just doesn't hold up under scrutiny. If it was members only, matchbot would be a burly black man with a ear piece, and we'd change the map to have a velvet rope around the safes.

If it's been more than a year now you're a.) never hanging out in go base _consistently_ (that means a while each day for a week or so) b.) exxagerating about how long it's been (see 2nd rule, route 1). or c.) huddling in some damn corner. Frankly, considering the huge number of go base "regulars" that've been playing for under a year, I'm guessing it's a combination of all three with some emphasis on b.

As for your idea about the random spider pick, too many afkers already in that arena.

Edit: Don't go afk during a short handed match either! (20 or less in the arena) You can often get some playing time as a sub.
                              Last edited by wadi; 01-16-2004, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X