No announcement yet.

A better forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, our squad forums are just kinda...there. On DG forums, one of the 12542535 threads have something useful in it. But, these are forums for a game. You play it how you have fun, and on the forums - you post how you want. If you don't like how other people do their thing, keep your mouth shut and keep doin your own thing.

Please stop being up-tight hippies and go smoke a joint. If you don't pay for the webspace that Anduril keeps wasting...er, I mean that the squad forums keep wasting, then your little whines hold no water. I agree that they're just random conversations, but they aren't your random conversations.

No offence intended, just stating a point just like you all took the time to do. Have a good day!
    Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
    1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

King Baba,
      No offense taken.
      However, “just a game” has to be one of the most inane and mindless arguments that can be advanced. Everything is relevant. So, of course it can just be considered as ‘a game’ to some, but how does this wash against the fact that we have 100’s of people spending in excess of 1000 hours playing it? One can use this argument for anything, “it’s just music”, “it’s just a car”, “it’s just a ballgame”, “it’s just a computer”. Just plug whatever you want and it fits, especially if you want to use it in the context of someone who might have only a few weeks to live. So let’s put this argument to bed once and for all and move on. To someone who has spent 5 years restoring a car, it is more than just a car to them. To someone who has spent 1000’s of hours practicing basketball, it’s more than a game to them. To someone who makes music a important part of their life, it’s more then just music to them.

While it’s true that the posts are not ‘mine’ or MY ‘random conversations’, you missed the point. I simply asked if it might be a good idea to gather, compile, and publish guidelines for those who might be interested. Please explain how this is whining or somehow infringes on others. It was simply a suggestion on how to improve things for those who might be interested. People can post any way they want, no one is stopping them. Please explain how trying to offer guidelines is detrimental or how trying to improve the quality of the forum, or it’s posts, is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
        add more pretty things

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
          King Baba,
          No offense taken.
          However, “just a game” has to be one of the most inane.. (and all that jazz)
          Uhhh...you probably missed the part where I wasn't talking to you. But nice post! Like a pimp.
          Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
          1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

Originally posted by King Baba
            Yeah, our squad forums are just kinda...there. On DG forums, one of the 12542535 threads have something useful in it. But, these are forums for a game. You play it how you have fun, and on the forums - you post how you want. If you don't like how other people do their thing, keep your mouth shut and keep doin your own thing.

I hate to agree with King Baba, but that's one of the most sensible things I've seen posted on these threads.

Comment

A bad guy to rally against is what this forum needs!
              LAME - http://lame.twzone.net

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                Bigwig,
                For the last 5 threads that I have started, the average amount of views per thread is 429. This doesn’t seem to indicate that people don’t read my posts. I also have only posted an average of .69 posts per day, so frequecy shouldn't be an issue.
                You used 147 words to discuss "long windedness" when I have averaged 89 words per post over my last 20 posts.
                your statistics don't mean shit.
                how's that for not being long winded?

Comment

LOL
                  Mod, go ahead and close this thread. Just like TK predicted, it has been ruined.
                  I'll stop posting in these forums, and leave it to those folks who take such exception to someone trying to improve something that they are taking advantage.
                  Good luck to the few people who cared and tried.

Comment

i would say this thread was ruined more by the boring topic, lack of interest, lack of response from you to the one person who suggested anything, and the pretentious conversation you had about this thread being ruined before this thread had even gotten started, than by anyone 'taking exception' to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X