Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If one more abusive staffer misuses his BanG access...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jason
    So...

When are we going to start seeing more people banned for lagcheating? You may say you already have 'overt' policies in place, well let me tell you something. They suck. They really suck. Stop being pussies. Stop sitting on your hands. Start being more aggressive with these people who spike and jump and eat every other bomb or bullet that touches them. Seriously, if you don't start doing something about this, SubSpace is going to be like Counter-Strike was when wallhacks and aimbots first came out. It's just going to go right down the shitter.
    Counter-Strike is still like that, I'd say a good 60% of players have some sort of hack.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

You just wait. One day you'll log on to play a game of baseelim and the goddamn thing will last four hours because everyone will be lagcheating, no one will die, it'll just be eat after eat after eat. I can't wait.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Watch cross in baseelim, i thought you were tlaking about him or maybe not but jesus does he lag. He only lags when he's about to die too. I know you talked about cross, atleast I'm pretty sure except I can't find the thread. well this was fun.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Jason lagcheats. Ban him.
          Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

Adeon, if you're trying to make the point that anyone can accuse anyone else of lagcheating, save it. I'm well aware that it's easy to point the finger, and I'm also aware that it's quite difficult to determine who's guilty and who's simply the victim of a poor connection.

I'm trying to make the point that there are most certainly individuals out there who are most certainly lagcheating, and something needs to be done about it. Maybe it's time players got together and pushed for the game developers to take a serious look at the client's netcode, or at the very least put together a bot that can more closely monitor latency related issues. I realize there's a fat chance in hell of that happening, mostly because there are far too many kids (I say kids because it's not a stretch to think that kids don't care to get very involved in the community. They just want to play.) among the player base who simply don't give a shit or even worse are unaware (due to plain 'ol ignorance) of the problem.

The fact is, this game has actually grown in popularity over the years (Who would have thought we'd be alive and thriving after VIE went down?) and with that popularity comes the attention of malicious people who like to cheat/hack in multiplayer games. Take a look at games like Prison Tale, Tibia, Gunbound, or some of the more popular ones like Counter-Strike or Diablo. There are literally hundreds of cheats and hacks for these games. If people are doing it with these games, who's to say it's not happening in Continuum. Most used to think, "We're too small to have to worry about it. No serious hacker is paying attention to our little game." I really don't think that's the case anymore. We used to only have to deal with catid. Now there's the possibility that we have dozens of catid's on our hands.

I just don't see why it's so difficult to believe that lagcheating occurs. I don't understand why most people choose to think nothing's wrong. Perhaps it's because, for the most part, the current population of our beloved Trench Wars is comprised of a relatively new generation of players. If you weren't around in the "old days" to see what the zone was like, I can understand that you wouldn't notice that lag related issues are popping up at an ever-increasing rate. I don't want to turn this into the age old "newbie versus vet" debate, so please don't think that I'm accusing newer players of being the root of the problem or anything along those lines. I'm just stating what I think and feel. I can tell you though, from personal exerience, that back when I first started playing, you didn't see, with such regularity, people eating bombs and bullets. You didn't see people magically disappear from your screen, only to reappear seconds later at a different location. Within the last year/year and a half especially, these things are happening way too much. I just want to know why. And I'd like to see a solution to this problem, if in fact there is one.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Adeon, if you're trying to make the point that anyone can accuse anyone else of lagcheating, save it. I'm well aware that it's easy to point the finger, and I'm also aware that it's quite difficult to determine who's guilty and who's simply the victim of a poor connection.

I'm trying to make the point that there are most certainly individuals out there who are most certainly lagcheating, and something needs to be done about it. Maybe it's time players got together and pushed for the game developers to take a serious look at the client's netcode, or at the very least put together a bot that can more closely monitor latency related issues. I realize there's a fat chance in hell of that happening, mostly because there are far too many kids (I say kids because it's not a stretch to think that kids don't care to get very involved in the community. They just want to play.) among the player base who simply don't give a shit or even worse are unaware (due to plain 'ol ignorance) of the problem.

The fact is, this game has actually grown in popularity over the years (Who would have thought we'd be alive and thriving after VIE went down?) and with that popularity comes the attention of malicious people who like to cheat/hack in multiplayer games. Take a look at games like Prison Tale, Tibia, Gunbound, or some of the more popular ones like Counter-Strike or Diablo. There are literally hundreds of cheats and hacks for these games. If people are doing it with these games, who's to say it's not happening in Continuum. Most used to think, "We're too small to have to worry about it. No serious hacker is paying attention to our little game." I really don't think that's the case anymore. We used to only have to deal with catid. Now there's the possibility that we have dozens of catid's on our hands.

I just don't see why it's so difficult to believe that lagcheating occurs. I don't understand why most people choose to think nothing's wrong. Perhaps it's because, for the most part, the current population of our beloved Trench Wars is comprised of a relatively new generation of players. If you weren't around in the "old days" to see what the zone was like, I can understand that you wouldn't notice that lag related issues are popping up at an ever-increasing rate. I don't want to turn this into the age old "newbie versus vet" debate, so please don't think that I'm accusing newer players of being the root of the problem or anything along those lines. I'm just stating what I think and feel. I can tell you though, from personal exerience, that back when I first started playing, you didn't see, with such regularity, people eating bombs and bullets. You didn't see people magically disappear from your screen, only to reappear seconds later at a different location. Within the last year/year and a half especially, these things are happening way too much. I just want to know why. And I'd like to see a solution to this problem, if in fact there is one.
              Naw, I was just tryin to get a rise out of ya, m8.

<4
              Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

It's funny that I've been noticing the exact opposite trend. 2 years ago (when I started) I noticed so many more eats than I do now.
                Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

This thread is like a novel I wont read because it's too long and there's no pictures illustrating whats going on.
                  sage

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                    It's funny that I've been noticing the exact opposite trend. 2 years ago (when I started) I noticed so many more eats than I do now.
                    I was talking more like four years ago. And dude, for the love of whatever god you happen to believe in, why do you always have to play devil's advocate with me?
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

On my cable modem, theres a standby button.. press it and the game d/c's for a few seconds, when they start to dissapear u press it back to regain internet access, but you're still in the game.. i tried that a few times to get into base in lasertag. It works well, but I think it should be illegal to do so. It creates massive packet loss too.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog
                        On my cable modem, theres a standby button.. press it and the game d/c's for a few seconds, when they start to dissapear u press it back to regain internet access, but you're still in the game.. i tried that a few times to get into base in lasertag. It works well, but I think it should be illegal to do so. It creates massive packet loss too.
                        The rule you describe is colloquially refered to as the "anti-sika" rule, and is covered in the TWL clause under strange and mysterious lag.

Comment

aka "Get Ravendon banned" rule as well.
                          1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                          1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                          1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                          1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

I get accused of cheating by pretty much everyone when I play on my girlfriend's computer, and I'm definitely not cheating, she just has a weird/shitty connection. I bet some of the people you guys say are "obviously cheating" (probably not the people that only lag when they die, of course), aren't.
                            5:gen> man
                            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Mattey
                              Maybe servers moved...
                              Original Mambonian
                              TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
                              I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

Loss/Mythril lagcheats. Ban him.
                                Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Working...
                                X