Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something needs to be done

About people sitting in spec in pub 0/1

I waited for like 10 mins today to get into that pub and when i got there, there were 16 people in spec. Thats almost half the amount of people actually allowed in the arena.

Its not fair to people who actually want to play in the pure pub that they can't because of people speccing there.

As for solutions im not sure what the bots are capable of but if people were moved to a different pub or disconnected after about 5-10 mins of speccing it would solve this problem.

agreed

Comment

I'm not completely sure if this is possible, you could of course *kill people in spec mode in Pure Pub, but I'm not sure it's the best idea to fix the problem which I agree that needs to be sorted.
      EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
      cool koen> :)
      PRiMORDiAL> pfft
      cool koen> not because of a bug
      EvoLd> Lol
      Treachery> meh
      EvoLd> why then?
      PubAceR> women in power dont last
      EvoLd> LOl
      toaster oven reviews

Comment

Just have a Mr. Arrogant bot in there permenantly

Comment

Or make it so that the bot won't let you be in spec.
          sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
            Or make it so that the bot won't let you be in spec.
            That's silly, what would you do if you had to take a wizz and think the safes rank with tomatoes and old shoes
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

Re: Something needs to be done

Originally posted by Adamant
              About people sitting in spec in pub 0/1

I waited for like 10 mins today to get into that pub and when i got there, there were 16 people in spec. Thats almost half the amount of people actually allowed in the arena.

Its not fair to people who actually want to play in the pure pub that they can't because of people speccing there.

As for solutions im not sure what the bots are capable of but if people were moved to a different pub or disconnected after about 5-10 mins of speccing it would solve this problem.
              10 minutes omg!!! I pretty much ONLY play in pub 0/1 and I somehow manage to play there A LOT (i probably have one of the highest pub 0/1 usages). I don't think i've EVER needed to wait 10 minutes or have EVER seen 16 people in spec unless there are server problems.

Pub 0/1 has some problems, the main one being private freqs, but playing in it is not one of them. If its full, do something else and keep trying, it'll take 1-2 minutes tops.

EDIT: The only exception to the above that i've seen is the guy called crizznitzzle (or however it's spelt) who I think is well known from other zones. I've only seen him recently when he's sat in spec in pub 0/1 for near on 48 hours without playing once. Who knows why, but I was close to complaining about him. Other than that, it's not a problem.
              Last edited by GoldenPlums; 02-13-2004, 09:43 PM.

Comment

1) i said about 10 mins, maybe it was closer to 5 im not sure but it was a while

2) i can count to 16 and that's how many there were

3) you offered no solutions to the problem

4) if you're going to post again please offer something constructive

Thanks

Comment

Play in regular pubs. The only reason that they are considered "bad" is because the better players don't have the patience for it and no longer play, making any existing problems worse.

To quote John Lennon: "All I am saying is give pub a chance".

Comment

Originally posted by Adamant
                    1) i said about 10 mins, maybe it was closer to 5 im not sure but it was a while

2) i can count to 16 and that's how many there were

3) you offered no solutions to the problem

4) if you're going to post again please offer something constructive

Thanks
                    I don't want to get into trash talk as it never gets anywhere but hey ho....

1) ok so it was 5 minutes. Waiting 5 minutes, that's not really much of a problem is it? 5 minutes, that's not too difficult???

2) I don't doubt there were 16 in spec, or that you can count to 16. I just said that 16 people in spec was very rare, which it is.

3) I offered no solutions since the problem you raised, in my opinion, is not a serious problem. That's what I said, that was my point.

4) see 3 and read my last post.

By the way, I don't know why you are taking an agressive stance. I would like to see pub 0/1 improved, and it does need to be improved. The number of people in spec can be annoying sometimes but it is VERY rarely a big problem, especially if you're just trying to get INTO pub 0/1. Doing that is not difficult.

PS. If there are lots of people in spec, its probably because the current game is crap - i.e. its too one-sided or there are well-known problems with private freqs. Your suggestion does nothing to solve either.

Think before you post.

Comment

There arent any problems with private freqs. Wtf gave you that idea?
                      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
                        There arent any problems with private freqs. Wtf gave you that idea?
                        ez

Comment

Private freq's that aren't basing is probably what he means. Pure pub was given to the basing community, just for that, basing. Therefore having 2 people on a private freq spawning, ruins basing. But there is no way to fix that, so i'm not going to go on and on about it.

And like nailed said, lock a mr. arrogant in pub 0, and make him kill people at 15 minutes of idle time. But don't let him leave that arena because I get pissed when I get dced from that little fucker .
                          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                          Message has been sent to online moderators
                          2:BLeeN> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>no
                          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                          2:BLeeN> ok then no
                          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Crizz that fucking name whore.
                            Remove safes in pure pub, make the mr 2 bot go in there more often, that way some can take a piss if needed.
                            Juice "Oh my god, when I encounter authority, they just give me more pills. I take the pills and then I'm not so... so anxious to be against authority because I'm... I'm... I'm on the pills."

Comment

Originally posted by Under Dog
                              Private freq's that aren't basing is probably what he means. Pure pub was given to the basing community, just for that, basing. Therefore having 2 people on a private freq spawning, ruins basing. But there is no way to fix that, so i'm not going to go on and on about it.
                              What about 2 people on a private freq that lay mines for a dumbass terr to run over?
                              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Working...
                              X