Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hear Ye! Hear Ye! (Feb 16, 2004)

Originally posted by Dock> on Trench Wars.org

Harumi and her design team are preparing to release the first map for the TW RPG system and are offering a special promotion! The first map features a large walled city in which players may submit their own houses and shop designs much like 'twcity' or 'twtown'.

The Memoria Project will be bringing more maps and special events to us over the coming months as part of a role-playing game that is being built for use in TW. During this initial phase of the project they will be making a campaigning system and several different maps for extended use.

By the end of the project the game will be automated to the point that owners of houses will be able to reap ingame benefits such as recovered health and gold pieces for selling wares. If you would like to get in on this special deal, then please visit: http://harumi.twzone.net for further information.
    "Have Guns and Travel SubSpace / Continuum"

Is this just TWCity, but more technical? (I don't like reading news)
    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
    cool koen> :)
    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
    cool koen> not because of a bug
    EvoLd> Lol
    Treachery> meh
    EvoLd> why then?
    PubAceR> women in power dont last
    EvoLd> LOl
    toaster oven reviews

Comment

not really, go check out http://harumi.twzone.net for info on the availabilities.

this is pretty much a chance at a free house or shop in the rpg world before you have to pay with them using ingame gold. (and trust me, they'll be expensive)

This is the first map of a couple dozen. So early investment will definitely pay off in the long run =)

Comment

and.... people doubted me some people view this game as a rpg.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Little weird SubSpace is becoming RPG in there, I mean it wasnt ment to be RPG and so I think the controls and screen isnt fit for RPG's, but ill make a house and see wat happns. Maybe its nice, maybe not
          Plintkabouter?

Comment

Plint, there are several zones that try to copy an RPG system.
            Ara / AraGee / Death
            SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
            SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
            TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
            ----------------------------------------------

Comment

I don't know... the specifics of the game engine, physics and what have you, don't necessarily lend themselves well to an RPG environment. Then again, I've played quite a few top-down RPGs, and with the size of the map, you can put together quite an expansive space for people to check out. And you can simulate the effect of many different worlds simply by linking various arenas under the heading of a single event.

I think it's a cool idea, and I'm interested to see how it turns out.
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Yeah, I think it's a cool idea too. Not sure about the land names though; they seem a little... cheesy

Comment

What would you suggest for names, Nailed?
                  People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Knew you were going to ask me that

I've been trying to think of a good name for the last 5 mins. I guess it's harder to come up with good names than I thought.

Comment

RPGs will make this addicting game even more addicting.

I Like.
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.

Comment

sounds cool

This is really cool, i already sended my house to harumi and it got approved I'm cool, i think this will be fun and that we will enjoy it, but I have a question. Is this an arena that has to be hosted or is it an automated event like ?go riot in extreme games and ?go elim Trench Wars
                        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

jappeuuuh, the final plan is an arena that will run by itself with hosted events to add flavor. The hosted events will be totally different kind of thing than most of the hosting events seen now. Instead of playing in a generic ship just like everyone else, you will be able to use your personal char in the events. While your the way you custimize your char will affect how you play the hosted events, somethings in your char will be affected by the special hosted events (among other things). Such as the spells a wizard has going into an event may be a diciding factor in a game, or the only way to get a certain spell is to win it in an event.
                          People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Working...
                          X