Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: well

Originally posted by JacKieChan>
    I don't think it's fair that there are tons of nicks and squad names locked b/c people create them and then never do anything with them...that's all.

And I've tried to create the same squad name over several months and it is not a squad I have ever seen in TW ever...but it is always "already existing".

Boo.
    WAKEUP

A) People got here before you, they created them they have the rightful claim to them

B) Just because you've never seen someone squadjoined to a squad in tw doesn't mean it doesn't exsist. Chaos, DSB, EG, HZ all have large chunks of players in there zones who don't play tw
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by End
      I knwo how you all fell, i have been trying for the name End for over 2 years now and it still hasnt reset, i have sent the guy messages asked around who owns it and i send him ?lostpassword messages he still hasnt signed on. I have talked to plat and he says nothing can be done but surley this has to be changed. I believe that there should be a huge name clearance every six months, if a name has nnot been used for more than 5 hours within this tme period it should be deleted.
      I waited 1 and a half years for Kookie to reset (and now i barely use it)

These rules we're put in place for a reason. Lets say for example Epi (i just picked a random old player, epi has been here for like 6-7 years of something) retires 2morrow. His name has more than enough usage that it would never reset. That way no newbie 5-10 years from now can come on and claim to be him. Thats why the system is in place. I don't want someone coming on my names pretending to be me. I don't horde names - if i don't keep them active i either give them away or let them reset. I might not be on them every day but i'm on them often enough that they don't get reset.

Yes some people do horde names, they log on a name once for 5 minutes every 5 months or so to keep them from reseting but the simple point is that it's there perogative. They made the name, they get to choose what to do about it. They were here first - get over it.

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

One day, people will want to pretend to be me :P
        EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
        cool koen> :)
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        cool koen> not because of a bug
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        PubAceR> women in power dont last
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by KJW
          How soon name is reset depends on usage.
          The more usage the name has, the longer time it takes it to be reset. Names with lots of usage are never reset. Exact times are not public. Squads are deleted when squad owner name is deleted.

PriitK
          So...is the player "*UNKNOWN*" ever going to be deleted?
          Originally posted by paradise!
          pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
          1:Reaver> HALP
          1:Reaver> HELELP
          1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
          1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

*unknown* is not a player

When a squad is owned by someone and it's active, but the name that owns it resets, the squad goes to unknown.

EXAMPLE:

Lets say i own the squad Pancakes on my name Nickname
            and lets say i have my other name, SuperNickname also joined to pancakes.

If Nickname resets the squad pancakes would dissolve itself
            BUT - someone is on it (SuperNickname) who is still active

So the squad goes to *unknown* status. If one of your squads goes to *unknown* status Plat can get it back for you if you know the pw. If not it'll stay there until the reset *unknown*

As per my knowledge, *unknown* has been reset only once, about a year and a half ago. So it will be several years before it's reset again.

Comment

Working...
            X