arenamessaging hockey is a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eRad,

Echo is one of the flamers that I was talking about. Any time I've played, he had shit captains that eventually gave way to a shit game in which both teams slowly dwindled to nothingness and CR's ruled.
    Reclusion
    "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

Should an arena ad message be wasted on a game that only 12 will play, and with a small but select group making up half of that?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
        Should an arena ad message be wasted on a game that only 12 will play, and with a small but select group making up half of that?
        Yes.
        I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

guys.... seriously.... i see maybe one european posting in this thread.

you guys know that sscx or ssce is american right? (i forgot which one HZ is on)

this is an honest question... why would you play hockey in TW when you can get a MUCH better game lagwise, skillwise, organization-wise in another zone?

to solve your problem CK, HZ has multiple arenas (like Div suggested), a league, etc. just go play over there, you get to play 100% of the time if you pub there.
          "Can u tell me why I am called noob because I play Trench Wars?
          I am full of that S**T!

Long life for TW!!!!" ~ Agnium

Comment

oh, and also about lag in TW for hockey. this makes it doubly better to play on an American server.

powerball games feel lag a lot harder than normal players do. it's just the way the game mechanics work. that's why you see Powerball Zone players complaining about more than 100 ms and HZ players complaining about 130-140 ms (the difference is because of PB's SVS settings). In hockey, 80% of the hockey players have 200+ ms, which makes for a shit game when 200 ms might be OK for basing/dueling/etc.

historically, this is a large part of the reason why speedball failed in trench wars. powerball games just were never meant there unless a large part of the euro population started playing it (and speedball DID have many great euro players). this is why it started gaining derogatory nicknames like lagball and stuff, and this is why i chose an AMERICAN server that pings 100 ms for a relocation.

oh, and to explain the predominantly american population in hockey, HZ = american = whenever TW hockey is hosted mostly american HZ'ers play. this is true from my observations in hosted games.

soooo.... to host hockey in a european server with an american player base is retarded. you're going to get crappy games if you have "buddy-list" captains, which usually results in an arena with 10-12 "good" players who know what they're doing. they will try to play a modest game but it will only be an image of what people get in hockey zone. on the flip side, you're going to get ultra-crappy games if you get "non-buddy-list" captains, who pick shit players, and who will play a shit game with shitty lag. needless to say this is not good. my point is is that "buddy list" captains are a substantial remedy to the REAL problem that is hockey in trench wars.

sorry if i come off as a little anti-TWhockey, but after the speedball debacle it's hard not to feel strongly about powerball games in trench wars.
            "Can u tell me why I am called noob because I play Trench Wars?
            I am full of that S**T!

Long life for TW!!!!" ~ Agnium

Comment

?go twht
              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

herzeleid> who the FUCK is the newbie in the center with the lanc?!
                herzeleid> stop shooting fucking random shots you skilless whore
                'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

i'm that newbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
                    Just stfu and go play hz.
                    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

In all of my hockey ads, I have the words "to possibly play". Most of the time hosts allow you to message them to be cap and it's whether you message him/her fast enough. Now I know you're going to say, well, he ignores the rest and picks his friends to be caps. They shouldn't do that. The point is what erad was saying, it's to ensure a good quality game. Also, some hosts random it when there are 2 spots or less left on each time. I should say more but I'm tired and can't think.

~GK
                      "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever."

Comment

Go to SSCE Hockey Zone. There shouldn't even be a hockey arena in Trench Wars. -NT-
                        I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

Ensuring a quality game is key to having fun in hockey.

However, there seems to be some confusion as to the intent of CK's post. I happen to agree that if you are not going to allow the populace to play in a game, don't advertise it. On average there are over 300 people in TW at any time, advertised hockey with a player limit would only allow for 4% of the players in the zone to play. Say 30 people respond to the ad and ?go hockey, and only 12 get to play, thats 18 people you have alienated. Multiply that by 14 (for arguments sake we will say that there are two hosted hockey events a day each week that fall under this criteria), that's 252 people a week that are excluded from gameplay. I perceive the use of zoners to be all inclusive, not to create a feeling of exclusion or malaise amongst the populace.

On the note of in ad disclaimers, yes they are a good idea and lay out the possibilities first, but this also leads to an air of exclusion. Yes, there is a dedicated Hockey Zone, but that is not a valid excuse for not allowing people to play hockey in TW.

Point being, if there is a chance that a very small number of people are to be given the opportunity to play, then an ad should not be wasted. We have an extremely large population base in comparison to any other zone, and part of that success comes from being able to provide player heavy events. Offering only a small percentage of the community the chance to compete in a public event, will only lead to dissention (see CK's post) and a feeling of exclusion and possibly anger.

Never Vigilant,

-PUSH
                          Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Originally posted by Latrine
                            There shouldn't even be a hockey arena in Trench Wars. -NT-
                            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Working...
                            X