EVERY single song I download on Kazaa goes nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVERY single song I download on Kazaa goes nuts

Yes, I know Kazaa sucks, but it's pretty good for just downloading random songs, or if you want to hear any specific song.

Anyways, every time I download a song, I play it, and it starts out ok, but soon after goes "SCRRRRREEEEEH EHHHHHHHHHHCHHHHHHH EHHHHHCCCCC REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH" and breaks my eardrums. It used to happen before, but not nearly as often as it does now. What the hell is up with this?
    sdg

i think it's just bad luck on your part. alot of the new songs have screw ups like that. its their form of protection.

side story: I downloaded a song and burned it onto a CD. I didn't preview it before the burn, bad mistake. I popped that CD into my car and I had the music up a bit, because I had some good songs that I liked at the beginning. Track 3 comes up. It starts out alright, and then *SCREEEEEEEEACHHHHHH*. Hurt my ears so bad, it was insane. It scared the crap outta me so bad, I almost ran into another car.

The moral of this story is ....
    .... preview what you download WHILE YOU ARE DOWNLOADING.
    DELETED

Comment

Advice, don't download from Kazaa. Look for private forums that have people uploading their extracted mp3s from the original CDs. They are always more reliable, but they usually only put it up for a couple weeks then they take it down to put up new stuff, just to save bandwidth.
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

I can get anything I want from IRC or newgroups, but like I said, I use Kazaa to get single songs or whatever. Kazaa songs are usually horrible in quality, when they are even playable files, that is.
        sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
          I can get anything I want from IRC or newgroups, but like I said, I use Kazaa to get single songs or whatever. Kazaa songs are usually horrible in quality, when they are even playable files, that is.
          Yeah, IRC is good for downloads but it pisses me off when the bot you're downloading from, quits.

Comment

haha, yea.. especially when your downloading those 130 MB hentai movies

Comment

Soulseek is also very handy when downloading single songs or whatever and the quality is usually much better there. I stopped using kazaa after I found out about it and I use soulseek only to download rare stuff or single songs.
              last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Originally posted by Xog
                haha, yea.. especially when your downloading those 130 MB hentai movies
                lol, i just get games from IRC, 1GB+ files, once the bot quit when it had 4 mb to go

Comment

IRC is good, look on server site, mp3000.net is good, i hardly use kazaa anymore
                  Code:
                  1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                  1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                  1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                  1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                  1:lnx> kk
                  1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

I've had the screech thing happen, and sometimes it's a bad song, sometimes there is a screw up in the downloading, but both times the screech stuff happened to me, my sound drivers were corrupted, and reinstalling them fixed the problem. I doubt it's RIAA junk if it's EVERY song that they download.

-Sarien
                    "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Yeah, I'm sure it's not some RIAA tactic to stop music downloading. It's likely a problem with the Kazaa Lite software, since a few of the songs I was downloading had close to 1000 people sharing them, and I doubt that many people would keep an ear-shattering mp3. I have never had an MP3 do this that I got from any other source; it only happens with Kazaa downloads. It's pretty obvious it's a glitch, because the track timer on Winamp will start to screw up and sometimes go backwards when the screeching starts. I was just hoping someone knew why it happened, and if there was something to do about it.
                      sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                        and if there was something to do about it.
                        Uninstall kazaa
                        last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

DC++
                          nuff said
                          I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

use WinMX

Comment

Half of kazaa songs goes haywire with screeching, the other half will go well half way into the song and all of a sudden you'll have this gay homosexual go 'hoSTED BY AOL" or "BROUGHT TO U BY DJ CRACKHEAD"
                              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                              Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                              X