X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird problem

Hey
    I recently have a weird problem with my computer:
    While browsing Windows XP, if continuum 0.37 isn't running (where we can see the servers list), my computer crashes after 10-20 seconds. It pisses me off badly. I tryed to format my hard drive then reinstall windows many times, but it did not change anything. Another weird thing is that I had to constantly move my mouse ALL THE TIME during the installation of windows(30-40 minutes), or the installation would crash.

Anyway, If I run continuum 0.38 or 0.39 instead of using the 0.37 version, it would also crash. If I change the skin of continuum 0.37, it would also crash; so I can only use the orignal skin. I don't know what the hell is wrong with my computer. If I minimize continuum, it crashes.
    I like the word crash

I don't know if Continuum 0.37 is some kind of drug for my computer but it's hella annoying. Could anyone help me with this please?
    I doupt anyone else have this kind of problem lol
    A little bit of Trench Wars in your life
    BasingCrew
    .com
    My space

Is this specific only to running Continuum and not including any other software?
    GO LEAFS GO!
    Inspriational Songs for Subspace:
    Duran Duran - Reflex

Inspirational Songs for TW forums:
    Tears for Fears - Shout

Comment

yes, once I close continuum 0.37, my computer freezes
      it doesn't crash while I am playing a full screen game
      BasingCrew
      .com
      My space

Comment

OKay, lets do the list:
        1.) Does it crash with anything else?
        2.) did you do anything (hardware/software installation, upgrades, physical moving, etc) right before this problem began occuring or has it always been like this?
        3.) What vid card do you have, and do you have the most recent drivers?
        4.) which version of DirectX are you running?
        5.) You reinstalled windows just because continuum didn't work? Are you nuts?

Answer those, and lets see if we can work this out.

Comment

1.)It doesn't crash with continuum 0.37, it crashes without continuum 0.37. My computer freezes when continuum 0.37 is not running (it freezes after 10-20 seconds).

2.)No, I didn't do anything special. I closed my computer one night, then when I opened it the day after, this problem occured. I don't remember how I discovered that running continuum 0.37 would stop my computer from crashing though.

3.)I had an old TNT 2 something but it broke, I changed it this year (after I encountered this problem) for an old 3dfx voodoo 3. I don't think this is the problem since I changed my video card after this "bug" appeared.

4.)DirectX 8.1

5.)No I didn't reinstall windows just because continuum didn't work
          I reinstalled it because my computer wouldn't work properly without continuum 0.37 running. If it's not running, my computer just freezes after 20 seconds. Other than that, continuum (and all my other programs) works perfectly.
          BasingCrew
          .com
          My space

Comment

Another strange thing that happened to me. If you have an old unupdated version of windows xp, and you try to run ss, the screen will be all black and funky, and you cant see much. I had no idea what to do, until my friend told me he had the same problem. He told me that the only way to fix it is to reinstall windows xp and it works fine.

Oh and also, doesnt .37 not work? A couple times ive tried to go on .37 after .38 came out and it says your version of ss isnt updated and it wont run.
            I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Continuum 0.37 (the main menu) does work, you just can't enter trench wars with it.
              BasingCrew
              .com
              My space

Comment

Get a new video card that supports directX 9, like a basic radeon 9200, make sure its not a power colour or shit like that

Comment

I currently run an NVidia Riva TNT 2 and this problem doesn't happen to me. Also to fix that weird black flashing screen where you can't see half the screen in fullscreen mode, go into the advanced options settings and check "Avoid Page Flipping". That weird screen is a result OF page flipping because when you page flip, you may see one second or frame of the image you want, but the next screen is all the garbage.
                  GO LEAFS GO!
                  Inspriational Songs for Subspace:
                  Duran Duran - Reflex

Inspirational Songs for TW forums:
                  Tears for Fears - Shout

Comment

Working...
                  X