Lag spikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag spikes

Lately, I've been getting some moderate spikes, not insane, but enough to get me specced from a TWJD / TWDD match. It usually is like 120 current and 900 - 1200 high. It doesn't matter whether I use my laptop or my PC, they both lag equally. My CPU speed is more than fast enough for ss, plus I don't have any extra problems running except Zonealarm. Even when I restart SS a few times and all, it does nothing for the lag. I recently did a Trace on Trench Wars, and the first 8 routers have less than 50 ms lag, but the very first one has a very potential HIGH ms. Same goes for routers 9 thru 12. Is there anything I can do personally to change em or something?
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Post a tracert and a pathping result, to server.trenchwars.org.
    TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
    qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
    3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

That's a URL right? Doesn't work :-/
      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
      Failure teaches success.

Comment

I think you live in the same city as me Kim, remember the Canucks OT game, so i assume you live in Vancouver like me.

Well do you have Shaw Cable Internet HiSpeed or Telus ASDL?

I use Shaw Cable, and usually get this.
        A local friend of mine uses Telus and gets about the same results. Also he sometimes gets disconnected or has lagspikes.

Also a friend of mine, Influ who lives in Alberta use to have incredible lagspikes (1700ms), but recently noticed he is lagspiking way less now. He told me that in downtown Edmonton, shaw was working on the cable lines and now have improved it.

110ms avg ping, low: 90ms, high: 150-800 ms (usually 250-400ms), s2c and c2c; usually 0.1%

However, when I connect to EG Games Server, I get like 30ms ping.

I think the main reason is because of distance. EG Server is in Seattle, I think TW Server is in Washington DC (or is it New York state).

I sometimes get lagged out of wbduel, etc.. like you, but not very often.

Some people told me try this:

-Reload SS, download Server list and then reenter. I don't think this works, but worth a try.
        -Reboot the computer.

Why is it happening?

-Internet packet traffic on some days of the week, are increased, therefore impacting your packets getting to TW server.
        -I hear stories how glitching the Windows OS is, if you run your machine without powering down for a while... it has memory leaks or the Windows system becomes unstable. I normally turn the machine off like ever 2-3 days. Also when you run other applications, or go web browsing..that might mess things up too.

Well I hope we figure out exactly why it happens and how to fix it. Maybe there is no cure, or it might cost some extra money to fix.

Comment

Yea I'm using Shaw cable, I live in east van area around Nanaimo Station
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Zonealarm makes me lag bad. Maybe try closing it?

~Ewan
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Why not just power down your computer before you sleep, and reboot when you wake up, cherub?

Comment

Yep, I use Hispeed Shaw Cable as well, I live near Newton area of Surrey.

Why I don't power down? Well either I'm too lazy or I think it is better to have your computer running all the time, cause there is less thermal cycles. The thermal cycles add up... expand/contract the little wiire to IC pads (internal-inside the ICs) and eventually they break down.

Plus who knows maybe I run a server? lol..

Comment

Working...
                X