FireFox issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireFox issues

So I was using firefox today, like I always do, and a box pops up stating that my user profile is set back to default. Ok cool. Well I go to my bookmarks and the whole thing was wiped out. I spent a good 20 minutes trying to figure out how to set it back to the profile I originally had. Yea that didn't work, so I search around my computer hoping I would come across the folder with the HTML files in it, nothing. I had over 100 bookmarks saved and I would like them back. If anyone can help me out, I would be grateful.
    ()_()
    (0.o)
    (")(")

Do a windows search for "bookmarks" - the file is something like "bookmarks.html"... if you don't find it there, you're screwed.
    sdg

Comment

Yea bookmarks.HTML is set back to defult. I hate FireFox, I've had so much trouble with it. I need a new browser.
      ()_()
      (0.o)
      (")(")

Comment

Same thing happened to me, but it was with regular Mozilla. Still I'm going to keep using FireFox, because I don't really like any other browsers.
        sdg

Comment

Same kind of thing happened to me but it said my user profile is already in use. It seemed that firefox was somehow running in background. I opened task manager and shut firefox down and my bookmarks were back next time I opened firefox.
          last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Just use IE
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

That's not an option!
              last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Heatha I've never heard of anything like this happening with Firefox on either Linux or Windows where I use it heavily. One thing I have seen is when you had one firefox open and tried to close it but something goes buggy and the lock file survives you're shutting it down, when I tried to restart it firefox would boot up and tell me I had to use another profile other than default. That doesn't sound like what you're describing though.

The fact that the search doesn't turn it up might not mean it's not there. If I recall, it's in a hidden folder that might not get searched by default. If you're running XP, browse around C:\documents and settings\whatever useryouare\application data\ I think.

Comment

Yea I spent about 10 mintues searching for it the other day. It appears that Firefox set the bookmarks.html file back to the orginal file. I have no idea why this happened. It angers me to lose over 100 bookmarks that I saved over the year, but oh well. I just hope this doesn't happen again.... I even sent in a bug report to mozilla so they could fix the problem.
                  ()_()
                  (0.o)
                  (")(")

Comment

Try myIE2. It's pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X