Sony "Net" MD Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony "Net" MD Software

Hi peoples, I'm looking for something other than stanka$$ real player or "SonicStage 1.5" [WTF is that shizzle!] to bring my minidisc player's recordings onto Windows. I didn't even realise that the digital player is only transferable through analogue until last night!!! GRRNESS!!!

So basically, I'm just wondering if those of you fluent in software stuff have identified this MAJOR loophole yet... if so, could you pretty please send me your program???? I'll love you forever!!!

I think the reason Sony has failed to provide any sort of respectable software for this is because they don't want people pirating music but it's too late anyway, and this totally defeats the purpose of voice recording with the MD because why else would we want a minidisc recorder anyway????
    Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

go here:
    www.minidisc.org
    and check their software listing and the forums. I use an MZ-S1 when I go running by the way, but since Sony's jukebox software is so crappy, I almost always just rip tracks off my CDs with Simple Burner. I don't really need another copy of a song in L2 format on my computer.

Comment

Woah baby, what a brainwave! Thanks Wadi!! :up:

Comment

What are you using MG?

Comment

You can't transfer your MD recordings into Windows. It's horrible I agree.

Comment

HEYYYYYYYY NOCKM!!! <3 <3 <3 ZUP BAYBEE!

My main issue lately with the MD is that I need an appropriate case for it that will actually enable it to withstand being dropped/driven over/drop-kicked. Ok, so Wadi - I don't know all the details of it but I KNOW I would have been smarter to find a 'sports' one like my neighbour has with a protective outer shell. Mine's metallic grey with a utility bar parallel to the top.. It's so delicate and puny and whenever I take it anywhere it's like I'm constantly babysitting the frikkin thing.

Any ideas on where to find an appropriate case for the little monster?

Comment

Uhh, maybe j-list.com or something. I have yet to find a good, or even "good enough" case here in the states =[. Maybe someone on minidisc.org can help you out too.

Comment

Please NOOO

Do yourself a favor and do NOT use Sony's software. I consider it more buggy than Win95 A pre-alpha 0.1

Did you know you can manage (copy to, rip from, etc) your Sony MD drive from RealOne Player? Well okay, I know its not THAT better than Sony software (I dont know anyone that likes Real products, me neither), but at least its fucking stable.

So basically you only need your device's windows driver installed with sony's proprietary audio format codecs (ATRAC3 something) installed, then add the device in RealOne (sorry, I dont have it nearby installed, cant be more clear :/). You have to download an update so RealOne can communicate with Sony devices (it will be done inside the program, no need to look on the net), and then you can do like you did with Sony software.

EDIT: If i remember correctly, look in the t ools menu in the main window in RealOne, then "add device" or something...
                Last edited by Bilange; 05-14-2004, 10:57 PM.
                Bilange> i love getting repped
                Bilange> i said repped, not raped :X
                ----
                Sending priority 'mail' to weasels and levs since 1999.

Comment

While on the subject, I almost gave up using this player... its too small in term of space on the disks, uses a proprietary audio which sounds like pudding compared to Vorbis, and consumes batteries like hell when writing. (I have a "no power plug on the player" version, unfortunately.)

The next player I will perhaps buy... bah its gonna be some smartphone with vorbis support., and perhaps real internet browsing. Oh and orange juice.
                  ----

Comment

merci bien

Hey Bilange.... thanks for the much needed info dude!

I have a confession.... I never actually even bothered installing the sony software b/c the girl who sold it to me actually told me that it's got bugs.
                    So far I've just been cradling it in my cd player case and only using it for voice recording. I haven't even started with the software yet. What I'm wondering though, is why one of you code junkies hasn't yet written a program to either sell to sony or hell, just sell it yourself as something else.... or you could just not be greedy and make it free.. Isn't it unusual how linux morphed from free-for-all to like, hugely marketed business software??

:eek:

Comment

while reading this thread I was thinking about using my device again (when ill bored with my current songs..), but the thing is that im running Linux only. (so im out until PriitK ports the client with SDL, or until some windows emulator succeed at running Cuntinuum (Wine? Project David? VMWare? Whichever comes first.) Sorry, im out of the subject.

I looked for using my MD-cant-remember on linux, but it looks like the support is half-done, looks like programmers have to guess (trying and mistakes) how to speak with the devices. That, or I suck at searching.

Finally, from your post it looks like you think im a code junkie. Hell no im not a programmer (*), just a power user. I like to bug things and fix em (but not at programming), but thats all.

* okay, i kinda lied. I managed to get a little program working (aka "it works for me, but i dunno it it will on someone elses machine"), which is a mouse buttons profiler (because logitech dont have any "mouse profiles" in its software, and since I have a 7-buttons mouse (MX500) I wanted to switch easily from a browsing config to a gaming one without modifying my settings manually), but I really suck at it anyway. :P
                      ----

Comment

Working...
                      X