Packet Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packet Loss

I have a friend that just recently got cable. He gets 30 ms ping, 50 ms high. He cant play ss because of high packetloss. Theirs one router(AT&T) that is giving him all of it...its giving him 100% packetloss out of that one...now on to the question

how can you change the path of your connection to get around that problem?

Any help is appreciated.

I dont think you can change the route your connection chooses, maybe you can block the IP of the router that is giving your friend hell? Don't know...

Comment

I have the same problem .. I'm on an university connection.
      = cable.
      So I have this 90ms, but 17% PL. The PL goes down when ppl in the city who are on an univ. cable connection aswell sign off. So that's when they are sleeping.. so when it's 2am or so over here, my PL is gone. So I think the PL isn't because of any router, it's because there are more people on the cable, online. So try to go online when all the other people aren't anymore.
      I can only DD when the "normal" people are sleeping, so I DD at 2am, with red eyes, and bad dodging because I'm half asleep..
      I don't think there is anything you can do about it.. it's just CABLE.
      At home I have ADSL, and it's totally lagfree. 90ms, C2S 0.0% S2C 0.1% or so.
      7:Barton> hi tats
      7:Barton> still no smod?
      7:Barton> :(
      7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
      7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
      3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

cant you just put the xp or os's opersating firewall on and open only some ports that u require maybe this might step it down a little
        :light:

ok not entirly sure that will work lol but maybe it is just too many people on but if its just a home router all i did is opened ports and it was fine
        Last edited by Fair; 05-11-2004, 08:53 AM.
        :eek:
        HTF <ER>> yes because i like 14 year old boys pretending to be female
        Lance> Here is BCG's song
        Social Lif> i bet u stole it fron utube >.>
        HTF <ER>> thats what gets me hot
        :eek:

Comment

We have the exact same connection at school as he has, and we dont have packet loss here, while he does at home at this time. We did a trace here at school, and it doesnt go through that server/router of AT&T

Comment

I think blocking the IP of the router will be much better.

Comment

He said hell try using a firewall to block the IP of the router, now that it was brought to his attention

Comment

cool, I mgiht try that with that fucking hopone router.

Comment

Working...
                X