Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody really good with graphics/video editing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody really good with graphics/video editing?

I want to take an image out of a video and make it a picture that I can resize for an avatar. Does anyone know a way I can do this? I tried doing a print screen on the video as it played, and I got the image to come up and I manipulated it in Photohouse, but when I saved it, it just turned out black instead of the image.

Suggestions? Do I need to find a video editor and do something with that? Help.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

woops
    Code:
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
    1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
    1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
    1:lnx> kk
    1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Export each frame somehow :/

Comment

Turn off hardware acceleration...
        http://retailsupport.ea.com/tech_sup...ts/disable.htm

Comment

Kolar helped me with the acceleration and codecs.

Now what I need is some way to better the quality of what I screenshot from the vid. It comes out kinda blurry like what I have uploaded right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
            I want to take an image out of a video and make it a picture that I can resize for an avatar. Does anyone know a way I can do this? I tried doing a print screen on the video as it played, and I got the image to come up and I manipulated it in Photohouse, but when I saved it, it just turned out black instead of the image.

Suggestions? Do I need to find a video editor and do something with that? Help.
            Kyle G> Did you know theres bowling alleys in Noahs Ark?

Mike Modano_09>I dunno....I dont watch Star Trek.

Comment

pause it then take the screen

Comment

If you have an ATI card, the ATI Multimedia Centre media player program packaged with it has a screen capture feature built in. If you don't, then I'm sure there are other file player programs out there that have tha feature.

Comment

Since you are a newbie I can only tell you to get zoom player, if you can't handle taking a screenshot with it you are not qualified to use computers.
                  Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

I took a screenshot you dorks, the problem is that when I did it the video portion wouldn't carry over when I tried to clip it out of the screenshot.

No TK, I think I have an nVidia card, but either way I got what I was looking for. Now the main thing I need is someone to help me with getting better quality in the images.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                      I took a screenshot you dorks, the problem is that when I did it the video portion wouldn't carry over when I tried to clip it out of the screenshot.

No TK, I think I have an nVidia card, but either way I got what I was looking for. Now the main thing I need is someone to help me with getting better quality in the images.
                      the screenshot is blurrier than the video is? What'd you take the shot with?
                      try downloading VideoMach and using it to export whichever frames you want as bmp or png or whatnot

Comment

D/L a video editing program. VirtualDubMod should do the trick. Its not that hard to get a single frame from that program.
                        Hannibal Lecter: How did you catch me, Will?
                        Will: You had disadvantages.
                        Hannibal Lecter: What disadvantages?
                        WIll: You're insane.
                        --Manhunter

Comment

Working...
                        X