Winamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp

If I try to use winamp while I play SS starts to freeze for a second every 10'th second or so. It's like a way of lag but it has nothing to do with my connection or others. My ping is still 100. Also I got a FR of 80, but it acts like I got 15-20..
    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Which version do you have? I use Winamp 2 and it works fine.

Also, what's your computer's specs?

If your RAM is quite low, try using Winamp 2, it uses much less memory than 3 and 5.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
      Which version do you have? I use Winamp 2 and it works fine.

Also, what's your computer's specs?

If your RAM is quite low, try using Winamp 2, it uses much less memory than 3 and 5.
      It did work before.. I know it did.. My comp is good enuff to run SS and winamp at the same time.

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Press Ctrl A, on winamp, to make sure it's not set to be always on top.

Comment

Try turning off the spectrum analyser, or setting it to low quality. That thing eats resources.
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I've gone through the winamp options and I tried to turn of all shit I don't need.. Still didn't help.. I got a theory tho, my soundcard is crappy, and it can only play sound from one source at the time (IE, Winamp OR Subspace). And maybe it keeps trying to get sound from Subspace over and over even tho it doesn't work.. But then again, would that affect the frame rate?

Comment

Originally posted by Noah
              I've gone through the winamp options and I tried to turn of all shit I don't need.. Still didn't help.. I got a theory tho, my soundcard is crappy, and it can only play sound from one source at the time (IE, Winamp OR Subspace). And maybe it keeps trying to get sound from Subspace over and over even tho it doesn't work.. But then again, would that affect the frame rate?
              It shouldn't make any difference if your soundcards only supports a single audiochannel. My old computer has a Soundbalster 16 installed which only has one audiochannel, and it performs perfectly when running subspace and winamp at the same time.
              There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Make sure notifications are all off.

It could be your soundcard though, despite what Fallen said. My soundcard is a bit crap, and if I try to run Battlefield on any other setting higher than 16 channels, it lags.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah
                  If I try to use winamp while I play SS starts to freeze for a second every 10'th second or so. It's like a way of lag but it has nothing to do with my connection or others. My ping is still 100. Also I got a FR of 80, but it acts like I got 15-20..
                  I have the same, but I only have that when my winamp starts to play a new song. When it starts to play a new songs I have like 2-3 second of lag, but my ?lag stays the same
                  help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by jappeuuuh
                    2-3 second of lag
                    I'll assume that your talking about your frame rate.

Comment

My friend had a similar problem and the solution simply was just to minimize winamp and every other program you might have running. I think the problem had something to do with the integrated soundcard he had on his crappy ECS-motherboard (I've seen other people with ECS-motherboards having problems too). I also think that the problems went away by installing the drivers that came with the motherboard.
                      last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Working...
                      X