NERO : failure 'illegal disc'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NERO : failure 'illegal disc'

I have been burning dvd's for some time now, storing programs, games and movies. Nothing special. Anyways, now I am doing the same again, but I got a failure three times already, but the shitty part is that it starts with the burning procedure and just fails at 1%, before it even loads memory it seems, but it does ruin my disc.

So I checked if the drive was ok, so I burned a cd with some different stuff, and it worked. So I am thinking maybe one of the movies I am trying to burn is protected, but I dont know if thats possible with .avi ; anyways, maybe someone has an idea on how to check whether a movie is protected or not, or happens to know what the failure stands for and what I can do about that.

We are talking about data discs ofcourse, not copying original dvds.
    .: ExquisiteHosting.com
    .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
    zzz

Did you buy a different brand of CD-Rs? I have only had that problem before when I had bad/cheap CD-Rs. There is no protection for Nero to stop you from burning any type of file on a data disc.
    sdg

Comment

Nah thats not it... its the same type.. maybe it has something to do with my drive or with my memory.
      .: ExquisiteHosting.com
      .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
      zzz

Comment

insert cd first
        Code:
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
        1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
        1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
        1:lnx> kk
        1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Sounds like it is the copy protection to me.

Try using CloneCD and see if that helps..

Comment

Or you could show some respect to program devolopers and artists by buying their work?! Like me!
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Working...
            X