Video Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card

<- just bought a new 128 mb geforce 2 mx400 video card, doesnt fit on my computer.. i have a newer computer as well.. its a compaq presario, any ideas on how to know what kinda of video card i need to get... meh, and is a 1100 processor slow?
    MODERATOR WARNING: YOU ARE TO SEXY FOR TRENCH WARS! LEAVE NOW BEFORE I UNF! YOU - Mr. 420

First of all that is a pretty crappy videocard unless you got it for really cheap. I mean, it's passable for some games but it's not really very good and it's pretty old.

There are two kinds of videocards: PCI and AGP. You have to find out whether or not your computer has a PCI or an AGP slot. An AGP slot is usually brownish in color near the bottom of the motherboard at the back of the computer case. I think pretty much all computers have at least 1 PCI slot, so if you can't get your videocard to fit, you probably don't have an AGP slot. If you look on the box of the videocard it will say either AGP or PCI on it in big letters most likely.
    Last edited by Stabwound; 06-23-2004, 12:51 AM.
    sdg

Comment

Agreed Stab, not really a great card. I hope he didn't pay too much for it.

Last edited by Kolar; 06-23-2004, 01:15 AM.

Comment

There you go.
        sdg

Comment

i guess this is self explanatory, but have you taken out your old card?

(now most poeple arent this dumb, but i was "fixing someones comp" cause the new gfx card wouldnt work (gf4 ti4800se) the retard had shoved it into a PCI port with a hammer or something.. quite sad)

if you dont have a AGP port you are going to have to get a new motherboard to boot, since AFAIK the gf4 mx series was never released with a PCI version.
          Displaced> I get pussy every day
          Displaced> I'm rich
          Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
          Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
          Thors> prolly
          Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

I know alot about computers but what you just said
            help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

well you obviously don't :P

Comment

Like they said up there. If you do not have an AGP slot, return the video card, and get a PCI video card. It is a bit more expensive for the PCI card, but if you want the enhanced graphics, get the PCI card.
                Krazie_Killer

DoCk> I'm a wittle girl!
                I Knew it!

The joys of TWBeta ^_^
                2:Shas'la T'au Kais> .
                2:Krazie_Killer> .
                2:epor> .
                2:IcER> .
                2:H0blin G0blin> ..
                2:Shas'la T'au Kais> quit copying me.
                2:Krazie_Killer> damn it hoblin!
                2:epor> lol
                2:Krazie_Killer> you had to ruin it!

Comment

Heh isn't it kinda rare to NOT have an agp-slot? Although I have no idea of Compaq comps.
                  last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Working...
                  X