Iexplorer / Spyware problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iexplorer / Spyware problem

Some spyware managed to get on my comp. Everytime I launch IEexplorer it instead of my auto white page opens some sort of java-page.
    Screenshot:
    Then it also opens a small pop-up notifying me that some spyware has gotten on my comp and then directs me to a page from where I can download programs to delete it. (it links me to this page: http://s13ds.d8t.biz/search.php?pin=22&ind...pyware+remover)

I find it all kinda odd, I don't trust this site "http://s13ds.d8t.biz/" and I want it to be gone. :/

I already tried Adaware and Spyware Doctor (programs whom I trust) but it's still not gone. Can anyone help me out here? :S

In IE goto: Tools--> internet options, click Use Blank on the home page section. Make sure Adaware is updated and scan again.

Comment

That's the weird thing, I hoped it would give some url so I could just remove it manually, but it still says "auto:blank". And I already updated Adware, Grr.

Comment

go to run-->regedit--->
        something like that...i dont remeber very well..my comp had the same problme
        9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

Try HiJackThis, it might fix it. You can also try editing the registry but try HiJackThis first.

to edit the registry do this:

Goto Start--> Run and type regedit

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

find 'start page' on the right side and edit it with the site you want or just input about:blank

Be careful editing the registry. If HiJackThis works then you don't need to bother with the registry stuff but it is very easy to seriously damage your operating system if you start editing things.
          Last edited by Kolar; 06-25-2004, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I love you Kolar

HiJackThis finally did the job that 4 other programs couldn't do. :]

Comment

kolar is smart
              9:Everett> well with pascone in -f-, our squad standards just experienced a decrease of 150%

Comment

Working...
              X