Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help !

I recently bought a new harddisk, i don't have any problems with that.. but now.. i inserted my USB-Stick and now my CD-Rom drive isn't working any more...

i have no idea what to do any more

My CD-Rom is a:

Samsung CD-R/RW SW-216B

i don't have any other CD Rom or DVD in my computer, and i am using Win XP Pro.. I have a floppy drive, C:\ D:\ E:\ F:\ and H:\ as HD partisions, and G:\ normally was my CD-Rom...

HELP... what to do...

thnx in advannce

~DOTSY
    Code:
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
    1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
    1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
    1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
    1:lnx> kk
    1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Whenever I use a USB stick, it gets designated as G: automatically.
    I don't know if this is standard or just my computer, but if it is standard then maybe your problem was the fact they were both G:.
    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
    ---A few minutes later---
    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
    9:Kim> UM
    9:Kim> i didn't
    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

perhaps, it was working well first, but after i inserted that USB-Stick it is not working any more, that can be the problem, but now.. how can i fix it ?
      Code:

Comment

the ms-dos SUBST command should be able to do it.
        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
        5: Da1andonly> =((
        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

were talking about hard disk sticks right? mine atomaticaly goes to F: i have no G: but then again your using F: aswell, can it bee you using too many letter thingys? (dont know what else to call them) maybe remove one of the partisions?
          I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Comment

i think, that u can do from A to Z as far as i know, because i ones made a Z for a network drive
            Code:

Comment

mmm supozes so cuase we have the X drive at school :/
              try reintsataling ur cdrom and making it a different letter or do it with the stick
              I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Comment

Just to clarify: what do you mean by "isn't working anymore"? I mean, from what I gather, after you put the USB-stick in, your CD-ROM isn't detected. When you reboot, does it appear again, or is it still no longer there? And when you put the USB stick in, it disappears again? Or has your CD-ROM disappeared and hasn't reappeared even after rebooting and without inserting the USB drive again?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                  Just to clarify: what do you mean by "isn't working anymore"? I mean, from what I gather, after you put the USB-stick in, your CD-ROM isn't detected. When you reboot, does it appear again, or is it still no longer there? And when you put the USB stick in, it disappears again? Or has your CD-ROM disappeared and hasn't reappeared even after rebooting and without inserting the USB drive again?
                  it is in my hardware list, and i tryed unistalling it .. but none of it fixed it..
                  Code:

Comment

uninstall your cd drive, remove all the stick's software etc and then install the cd drive again.

Comment

Working...
                    X