• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant get em here in the UK methinks.

Comment

what does OEM mean?

Comment

Original Equipment Manufacturer, I think.

You know how you can buy computer as a complete system rather than buying the individual parts and putting it together yourself, right? Well, OEM refers to the parts that are used to make those systems. Companies usually make two versions of their products, OEM versions and boxed versions to be sold on their own. Those OEM parts are generally the same as the regular box versions. The main differences are that it doesn't get its own packaging (and often without its own manuals and documentations or accessories etc...) and is more or less configured to work perfectly with the rest of that particular system.

Comment

Yeah TK is right.

I use the Plextor 708a and I have never had any problems with burning videos, software such as PS2 and XBOX games...

And at around £80, its great value all round.

Comment

I bought one from a computermarket for just 120 euros, not really a brand or something. It supports writing of almost all types and I dont have problems with it, all my burnings work perfectly. I think its more important that your computer works fine, if your computer works 100% perfectly and sends the neccassary memory to the writing buffer, than I dont think its really important what kind of DVD writer you have, as long as it burns.
            .: ExquisiteHosting.com
            .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
            zzz

Comment

ok, cheers guys. I'm gonna go with the NEC the Nockm suggested. You're probably right Nasir

Comment

Originally posted by Nasir
                I bought one from a computermarket for just 120 euros, not really a brand or something. It supports writing of almost all types and I dont have problems with it, all my burnings work perfectly. I think its more important that your computer works fine, if your computer works 100% perfectly and sends the neccassary memory to the writing buffer, than I dont think its really important what kind of DVD writer you have, as long as it burns.
                The differences between DVD-burners are certainly not trivial.
                Before buying a DVD-burner, a bit of research is definately required.
                There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

im definately happy with my sony DRU-500A.

but if i were to buy one now (without money being an issue, id go for a plextor )
                  Displaced> I get pussy every day
                  Displaced> I'm rich
                  Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                  Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                  Thors> prolly
                  Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Working...
                  X