System Battery Voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Battery Voltage

Whenever I turn my computer on, before windows boots up I encounter the message:

Alert! System battery voltage is low.
    Strike the f1 key to continue or f2 to run the setup utility.

What are the dangers of this and how can I fix it?
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

There's no danger, it just means the CMOS battery is low on power. It keeps power going to the BIOS & CMOS so the time on your computer stays constant and saves some mob settings. Your computer isn't going to blow up but CMOS batteries put in incorrectly have been known to do so, so if you do install it your self put it in right .

If you feel secure enough in your tech abilities and are not going to violate any warranties by opening your computer case you can replace it your self. Turn off the computer, remove the power cable and remove the case. The battery is a small round sliver piece on the mother board, it should pop out. Goto a computer store and get a new one and bring the old one with you. It shouldn't cost much.
    Last edited by Kolar; 07-13-2004, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I would add that he might want to note some of the BIOS settings before pulling the battery.
      I usually take a digital picture of each screen, but I guess you could write it down too. It depends if the BIOS currently has non-default settings or not, but I would play it safe.

Comment

Working...
      X