resizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resizing

hey, anyone know a program which can allow you to resize images easily? such as making avtars?
    ________
    condos in Jomtien
    Last edited by aLi_G; 09-04-2011, 07:54 PM.
    -All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don't break 'em for no-one you understand?

- Do not make decisions on an empty stomach.

MSPaint?

Comment

how
      ________
      VAPORIZER WIKI
      Last edited by aLi_G; 09-04-2011, 07:54 PM.
      -All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don't break 'em for no-one you understand?

- Do not make decisions on an empty stomach.

Comment

First figure out how many pixels the original image is. If you don't already know the dimensions, press Ctrl E to find out. Next, figure out how big you want to resize your image. Don't enter those numbers in the box that Ctrl E opened. If you do, you will get a smaller image, but the picture won't shrink; you'll just see the corner of the original image. Instead, just figure out the percent that you're shrinking or stretching it. Say the original image is 512*512 (pixels) in size and you want to shrink it to 100*100. Open up Calculator and divide 100/512 (if the length and height are different then you'll have to divide each measure seperately). This give you the answer of about 0.1953, or about 19.5%. Go back to MSPaint and press Ctrl W to open the Stretch/Skew box. For horizontal and vertical stretch, replace 100% with 20 (or 19 if you want to make sure the image fits under requirements) and click OK.

That should do it. Sure there is a bit of math involved because the Stretch feature works in percentages, but it's easy to calculate.

Comment

Fire Works MX 2004
          Code:
          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
          1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
          1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
          1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
          1:lnx> kk
          1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Paint Shop Pro 5-8 is the best for resizing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
              Paint Shop Pro 5-8 is the best for resizing.
              FireWorks is much easier
              Code:
              1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
              1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
              1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
              1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
              1:lnx> kk
              1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Actually the easiest program I have found for resizing would be "Interactive JPEG Optimizer. Found it in tucows.com. All you do is call up the image and then change the pixel size to what you need and save it to disk. What could be simpler?

Now I have a resizing question, is there a program to resize batches of files at once?
                "Bilbo" SS is a sophisticated chat channel, nothing more.

Comment

If the images are the same size, put them into a gif sequence and resize the whole 'animation'

Comment

Irfanview is good for simple stuff like that if you ask me.
                    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                    5: Da1andonly> =((
                    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

For batch resizing, give these a shot:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/imageresizer.html
                      http://www.freewareweb.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?ID=1734

Greed, ignorance, and the communal superiority complex of the human race
                      Clutching metal braces as we race to disgrace
                      As the pollution wipes clear all expression, all face

Comment

there are some php scripts/classes to resize images there id the GD library to do it too on php

its cool and ez if its for a web site autocreate thumbnails on the fly or when posting it.
                        8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                        8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                        8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                        8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                        8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Yeah, isn't there one for vBulletin? Should be.

Comment

I have found MS Word's resizing pretty good. Just paste in the image, make it the size you want and copy and paste it back into whatever.
                            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                            ---A few minutes later---
                            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                            9:Kim> UM
                            9:Kim> i didn't
                            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Working...
                            X