Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner Map Maker. Advice Needed. ;)

Hi all,

I want to make my own map for my private arena.
    I have downloaded the map editor from Paladen.net and I was wondering how would I start making ? is there a way to take the map (pub/base map) and past it on there then start making the edits? cuz I dont know how I would start. Wheres the flag thingy ? and how can you add your own stuff ? like banners on the sides etc etc.

Help will be nice.
    AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

The best way to start would be to edit the base or trench3 map. Copy it from your Continuum directory to your desktop or another directory, open it in the lvl editor and start from there. You can move around the tiles and add more content to the map.

After that you can import a new tile set if you need one. Tile sets alter the graphics of each tile, you can make new tile sets using this or you can simply import existing ones; look around for some on this forum or other SS related sites. Any kind of banner or image that you want on the map will have to be on the tile set and placed on the map using the lvl editor or else you'll need to work with an lvz which takes more effort and knowledge.
    Last edited by Kolar; 09-17-2004, 11:40 PM.

Comment

ok, i'll try that. thx :up:
      AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Btw, when I'm done, what can i do to get it in the game ? like in a private arena? Do i have to contact someone or something ? permission etc etc...
        AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Name the map what arena you want it to be (e.g. #acidbomber.lvl for .?go #acidbomber) and sent it to twmaps@twsites.com
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Actually staff won't do private arenas for players and I don't know for public ones (maybe if it was a real event or base map, they might go for that). Also, and i'm not sure since the map submission is done though twsites now, but you probably should compress the .lvl into a .zip before sending it in. Arilou or whoever does the maps/settings stuff these days on TW staff will upload it to the tw server if it's usable.
            Last edited by Kolar; 09-19-2004, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X