C++ Compiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C++ Compiler

First of all Gerry leave this thread right now i don't want to hear anything you want to say.

Okay my school is stuck with macs.. yea yea
    These are iMacs. We need light compiler and it needs to be ran off a imac. Just give me some links if you can or experiance you have had used a compiler for Cpp on a mac! Well i will fix this later so it sounds better lol. Thanks for the help! we use to run a compiler off Virtual pc but now the macs are getting old and crashing because they dont have enough memory bla bla.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
    ---
    5:waven> freeze
    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
    5:Freeze> LOL
    5:waven> that's how things work around here
    --
    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Did you by any fucking chance use google? I mean what the fuck. You are worse than gerry.

http://developer.apple.com/tools/index.html

Comment

What Nockm said. Stop being such a douche and take some initiative, brah.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Most free C++ compilers are made for open source operating systems. In case you didn't know, you can run a Linux flavor on MAC hardware.

Try Yellow Dog Linux on MAC. It doesn't have to be a full iMAC running Linux...

There is such a thing as a dual boot. (Dual boot means you can run two differen't operating systems on one computer system)

It's very difficult to get a compiler for MAC for a lot of reasons. I don't have time to explain them right now, but hit me up on Trench Wars when I have time to log on.

Try this link http://www.metrowerks.com/mw/default.htm

Code Warrior is commercial software, but it can get the job done on a MAC.

Comment

Im learning Visual Basic in school and its fucking shite.

Comment

I once used paint, mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
              Did you by any fucking chance use google? I mean what the fuck. You are worse than gerry.

Your retarded. Yes we checked google.. We found some but ..I said I would post on here and find out if any of you guys found anything good in the past.

oookay Jason im in the same fucking school you were in. Do you remember the macs? okay then you should know to stfu..
              Last edited by IceStorm; 09-27-2004, 08:29 AM.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
              1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
              1:Freeze> LOL FAR
              ---
              5:waven> freeze
              5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
              5:waven> you state your business with sanji
              5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
              5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
              5:waven> and i will talk to ease
              5:Freeze> LOL
              5:waven> that's how things work around here
              --
              1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm

Find a 350mhz imac running 8.2 and try it you ignorant swine. Flaming someone without knowing the full situation. Take your pills and gtfo.

Comment

Originally posted by gerry
                  It's very difficult to get a compiler for MAC for a lot of reasons. I don't have time to explain them right now, but hit me up on Trench Wars when I have time to log on.
                  Whew.. oh man.. that's a laugh riot.
                  Let's see how fucking HARD IT IS TO GET A COMPILER FOR MAC.
                  Let's see hrmm.. command line or project builder?
                  Either way... Oh yeah.. OS X 10.3.. disc 4.. what's this "Xcode" disc?
                  That comes WITH THE FUCKING OS.

If you were any more goddamned fake, you'd have to insert silicone into your body to accomplish it.

First off... Ignore Gerry. Secondly: Talk to me, you can click the little AIM dealie there by my post, and hit me up on AIM/iChat. If you have any problem/question about a macintosh if I can't answer it immediately, then I can get it handily.

Anyway.. OS X 10.3 (current OS X version).. last disc. XCode.
                  GNU command line compiling, and a GUI Project Builder called XCode.
                  And it's free. With the OS. Imagine that.

And just so you know boys. OS X 10.3 is supported back all the way to the original bondi iMac, the G3 233Mhz. So tell your school: "Get 10.3"
                  Last edited by Sarien; 09-27-2004, 12:29 PM.
                  "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                    Whew.. oh man.. that's a laugh riot.
                    Let's see how fucking HARD IT IS TO GET A COMPILER FOR MAC.
                    Let's see hrmm.. command line or project builder?
                    Either way... Oh yeah.. OS X 10.3.. disc 4.. what's this "Xcode" disc?
                    That comes WITH THE FUCKING OS.

If you were any more goddamned fake, you'd have to insert silicone into your body to accomplish it.

First off... Ignore Gerry. Secondly: Talk to me, you can click the little AIM dealie there by my post, and hit me up on AIM/iChat. If you have any problem/question about a macintosh if I can't answer it immediately, then I can get it handily.

Anyway.. OS X 10.3 (current OS X version).. last disc. XCode.
                    GNU command line compiling, and a GUI Project Builder called XCode.
                    And it's free. With the OS. Imagine that.

And just so you know boys. OS X 10.3 is supported back all the way to the original bondi iMac, the G3 233Mhz. So tell your school: "Get 10.3"
                    I haven't used a mac since 1992, so I wouldn't know of any new releases, nor do I give a fuck about compilers on mac. The fact still remains the same, that when I used it, it was very difficult to work with C++ compilers on a mac.

Just because I have not been up to date on macs, doesn't mean you can sound all god-like on a forum, and say shit like "ignore gerry". Help comes in many ways, and if I'm wrong at least it made someone think about what was wrong, and make him search for the right answer.

At least I tried to help him, that's more than I can say about other flamers..

Comment

You gave tech support advice based on information that's 12 years out of date? You'd be better off telling him to bet on the Jays winning the World Series.

Comment

Originally posted by gerry
                        words words words.. see above actual post if you actually want to read it.
                        Gerry, if you were "trying to help" then why wouldn't you have said that you haven't used a Macintosh since 1992.. that would put it somewhere around oh.. MacOS 5? Somewhere around there. Second, the reason I blasted you is obvious. You're fake. A liar. Get all huffy and indignant, or ignore it, it doesn't matter. You know that you're a liar, I know that you're a liar. I'm sure lots of other people do too. You make shit up. You didn't try to help, you typed just to see your fingers move. You as much as just said so by stating that you don't care about mac compilers.

The other "flamers"
                        Nockm's link goes to the developer site on Apple, which has a downloadable version of Xcode for free. It's the same Xcode that comes on the OS disc 4 that I talked about, and well there are also updated versions. So in fact he was giving more current helpful information than you. The only thing he didn't say that he might not have actually known:
                        OS X 10.3 support goes all the way back to any possible iMac made.

And just to point out: I don't believe the last time you used a mac and found it hard to get a compiler was when you were 10 years old (from your forum profile). Just stop lying. Are you so sad of a human being that not only do you have burn all your credibility down, you should then continue and salt the earth?
                        "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Maybe his research paper has spun a sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                            Maybe his research paper has spun a sequel.
                            Come up with fresh comebacks. The old ones are starting to get boring...

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                              Gerry, if you were "trying to help" then why wouldn't you have said that you haven't used a Macintosh since 1992.. that would put it somewhere around oh.. MacOS 5? Somewhere around there. Second, the reason I blasted you is obvious. You're fake. A liar. Get all huffy and indignant, or ignore it, it doesn't matter. You know that you're a liar, I know that you're a liar. I'm sure lots of other people do too. You make shit up. You didn't try to help, you typed just to see your fingers move. You as much as just said so by stating that you don't care about mac compilers.

The other "flamers"
                              Nockm's link goes to the developer site on Apple, which has a downloadable version of Xcode for free. It's the same Xcode that comes on the OS disc 4 that I talked about, and well there are also updated versions. So in fact he was giving more current helpful information than you. The only thing he didn't say that he might not have actually known:
                              OS X 10.3 support goes all the way back to any possible iMac made.

And just to point out: I don't believe the last time you used a mac and found it hard to get a compiler was when you were 10 years old (from your forum profile). Just stop lying. Are you so sad of a human being that not only do you have burn all your credibility down, you should then continue and salt the earth?
                              blah blah blah blah blah blah

you're boring....

Comment