Stupid dll errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid dll errors

Ok, I just recently got a new video card which worked fine until today. Now its saying it cant run a .dll file. Here is the error message: "Error Loading C:\windows\System\NvCpl.dll

A device attached to the system is not functioning"

I tried downloading that file, that didnt work, I re-installed the driver, that didnt work, I tried uninstalling the card and re-installing it, that didnt work either. Any ideas what the problem could be or how to fix it?

Delete the current NvCpl.dll that you have and download this one:

incuria.org/cook/nvcpl.dll
    audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
    DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
    Azreal> LOloL
    cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Same thing except now it says: A Dynamic Link Library(DLL) initialization routine failed

Comment

What is sad is the fact that I cant even get help from tech support at the company its made by. It only offers tech support for its DVD Decoder -_-

Comment

NvCpl.dll is for the Nvidia control panel. Try totally uninstalling your videocard drivers and then reinstalling them. If you do have an Nvidia card I suggest you install these drivers http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=884 which are the 66.81s.
          sdg

Comment

I'm too tired to try that again, I'll try tomorrow and let you know how it turned out. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ok, I tried everything I could think of and nothing worked. I posted my problem on a tech support forum - still no luck...so I tried something just for S&G and it worked. I removed everything dealing with my video card from start up so it only comes up if I want it to. Since its not getting the dll error, apparently its not screwing up the video driver. Everything works on my computer now and I hope this helps anyone who may have this problem in the future.

Comment

try searching on google on which program the dll file uses, perhaps it is some kind of virus, can be, dunno
                Code:
                1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
                1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
                1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
                1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
                1:lnx> kk
                1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Nvcdaemon is the program that starts the control panel(I think) and I've already virus checked everything dealing with my video card BECAUSE a lot of the files it uses are also common files for viruses.

Comment

Working...
                  X