TFT screen lag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TFT screen lag?

Ok, when I first played SS on my new TFT monitor (HP Pavilion f1723 to be precise) it was slightly glitchy. I didn't pay much attention at the time, but the more I play the more I notice it. The FPS never changes but if I move upwards, for instance, it's not smooth like my old CRT but slightly jerky. Also, the walls (mostly noticeable in ?go javs) flicker slightly different colours.

This doesn't have anything to do with my gfx drivers because it happens the same with them installed, without them installed, and even with a previous version installed.
    Last edited by NaiLed; 12-09-2004, 03:39 PM.

Unfortunately, there's nothing wrong. That's just how a large majority of LCDs are. Unless you get a high end one with a super fast response time (16ms or faster), you're going to get "ghosting" which is basically the flickering and screen lag you described.

I'm dealing with it too after having played SS on a CRT since the dawn of time. It takes a lot of getting used to, and don't be surprised if you end up with a few headaches.
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

ok, thanks Jason. I was hoping that was the case, at least now I know there's nothing wrong. My NIC cards I ordered should be here tomorrow; I will set up my old computer so I'll just play SS up there instead.

Comment

If you want to play on a TFT, don't buy one of the cheap models :P
        5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
        5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
        5: Da1andonly> =((
        5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
        5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
        5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

all other games work ok except SS, but i can always play that upstairs

Comment

Working...
          X