Black and White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and White

I dont know if many of you have heard of this game but, a while back Peter Molyneux, head of Lionhead Studios who made the overhyped RPG Fable, made a game called Black and White. Now the problem I have with it is, it wont run. I install it and everything but when I try to play it, it shows the Black and White logo then quickly goes to an MS-DOS prompt screen and then just dissapears. The MS-DOS prompt comes up so fast I cant even decipher what is said on it. Has anyone had this problem or have even heard of this game?
    1:AnZu> jk jk underground i love you

I have heard of the game heard it was pretty good but I have not played it. I would suggest heading over to their tech support website and if you can't find it in the FAQ email them.
    1:Sumpson> SSC wants to be facist

"The only thing that can ruin this game is the player community." -BD Vine, Sonera
    Corporation.

Comment

You probably downloaded the game, right?
      Make sure you unpack all the packed files...
      I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Right click on the link in your start menu or wherever, and find out what it links to. Type that into your own command prompt and you will know it says.
        TWSites.com - TWSites.com Web Hosting Services
        qan> dock's raw animal magnetism and sheer ability to reboot bot cores inspires lust in all genders :P
        3:wadi> no yawning on the internet.

Comment

that game sucks, i'll seel you mine for like 30 cents.
          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

wtf you talking about! its fun!

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
              wtf you talking about! its fun!
              Agreeed, I played it at my friends cause it worked there. But how did you guys get it to work? Anything special? Or does Peter Molyneux just have a strong aversion towards me

Comment

h8d :<

Did you try what Dock said? If so, what'd it say?
                FREE MANDELA

Comment

If the same version of said game (actual disc) worked in one place but not the other, then that would suggest that if you have the hardware needed to run the game, it's a driver issue. Most likely, video and/or sound.

This is all assuming that your disc is an original.
                  Black and White uses an interesting copy protection scheme in which each actual disc has a required ID physically part of the disc itself, so copying it isn't really going to work easily. (Added just so he can give up if he's using a copy)
                  "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Well the funny thing is that my friends version was downloaded and mine was not. I have the original disc, and I am sure i checked the requirements 10 times over and made sure I had what i needed to run the game. <_<

Comment

If you meet reqs then it's easy: update your drivers. Video, Sound, in that order, if still nothing, then the hell if I know.
                      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

ah i saw that at the local electronics boutique in the mall. one side shows a giant lion killing people and the other side shows it happy and huggable. i was thinking..."wtf", who would want this crap?
                        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Just play populous or syndicate instead.
                          sage

Comment

The old populous games were awesome, I played them for hours and hours on my Amiga
                            5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Working...
                            X