Wireless networks and SS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless networks and SS.

I'm on a 54mbps wireless network with a good signal 48mpbs - 54mpbs, but I always get bad lag (good ping but like 2.5-3.0 S2C and about 0.6 C2S) is there anyway to sort this? Thanks.
    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
    cool koen> :)
    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
    cool koen> not because of a bug
    EvoLd> Lol
    Treachery> meh
    EvoLd> why then?
    PubAceR> women in power dont last
    EvoLd> LOl
    toaster oven reviews

hmmm, I'm on a 11mbps wireless network and have a "ok" connection but only get like .6 and 1.0 s2c and c2s ploss right about now... I used to max at like .3% on both on this network... so it might not be the wireless network causing the ploss.
    Ban Ikrit

Comment

Best solution: use wired ;-)

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Wireless always has ploss problems.
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

My wireless works fine, I have a 4.5MBPS connection from Comcast. My ploss is always 0.0 or 0.1 at the most, unless there are router problems. But 95% of the time its good. So don't blame it on wireless.

Comment

That all depends, its probably wireless's fault.

Comment

1.Try moving your access point somewhere else in the house (it needs to be close to the area that you play in, at least 1 room away)
                2.Turn it to another channel, some channels will function better depending upon the amount of wifi noise in your neighborhood.
                3.Check the manufacturer of your wireless router's website, there might be anything from firmware to suggestions on how to get the maximum from your router. You could also check out the website for your wireless adapter to see if there are any new drivers.

I use a 11mbps connection (802.11b Dlink DI-713P router and a Netgear MA521 wireless adapter on my laptop) and always had < 100ms and .1%.

Comment

Personally, I built myself an antenna. Actually, it's just a piece of cardboard and foam. The foam is made into a parabola shape and used as the base. Take the piece of cardboard and bend it into a parabola shape. Then, cover the cardboard with aluminum. Try to avoid bending the aluminum foil if possible. Glue/tape it all together and make a hole in the foam so you can put your crude antenna ontop of the router. What it does is, depending on the angle you put the antenna on, it deflects signals going that direction (in my case, outside of my house) and it creates more signal in the direction you are trying to get.

It took my C2S and S2C from 15.7 and 14.6 to roughly 0.5 and 0.4 respectively.

If that doesn't work...just use wired or move your router.

Comment

Working...
                  X