Downloading Zones....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading Zones....

ok... im trying to download ss on my school computer... i downloaded it... and im trying to upload the zones... but it's not allowing me... some kind error... it says "unable to retrieve new zone listing. Make sure you are using one or more valid directory server addresses (examples: sscentral.subspace.net). Also, make sure you are currently connected to the internet." SO HELP ME>>>...

First of all this belongs in Tech Support/Help

Second of all read this: http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...58&postcount=5

You probably aren't going to be able to play at school.
    sdg

Comment

swim = swimkid?
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan
        swim = swimkid?

I think so... Nov. 03 is the registered date so it's pretty oldie... o.o;
        As to his question, the zone list is red and it wont let you download the new zone list because a firewall is "filtering" out Continuum. Happens to me cuz my router can block continuum (make it have red zone list)....
        AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Happened to me at work all the time because the base uses a proxy. If you can get your hands on that nifty information you can let yourself if. I would suggest becoming friends with the teacher who teaches computer science, accounting, information systems, or keyboarding even. They are most likely the schools network admins too, unless you go to a wealthy school where they can offord other people.

-adrush

Comment

GOD DAMN U PLL..............ur not allowed

-basterd
            sexy10101@gmail.com

Comment

i downloaded this game onto my cpu 3 years ago, in Computers class, my teacher came over and asked what the hell i was doing, and i told him i was meeting ppl around the world then killing them, so he gave me a detention...... it was so worth it
              Big Chill

Comment

lol, this name isn't oldie... i just never used to use forums before... cause it was stupid... i use it when it's necessary liek this :x...

back to the question... i actually did download/play this game at school last year... that's why im still asking... why isn't it working this year? it actually works in another classroom...

and plus... my rl friend was having this problem... power of love and i were trying to get this guy to start playing... AT HOME... but same thing happened... wouldn't allow us to update the zones...

Comment

Originally posted by swim

back to the question... i actually did download/play this game at school last year... that's why im still asking... why isn't it working this year? it actually works in another classroom...

and plus... my rl friend was having this problem... power of love and i were trying to get this guy to start playing... AT HOME... but same thing happened... wouldn't allow us to update the zones...
                  ok it could be a number of things. First of all let me ask you this, did your school board administration switch networking systems? Did they centralize their systems?

Another thing, where exactly did you play in your school? Was that computer connected to the network or through another connection?

I can tell you for sure that it's the firewall and you can't get through it unless you go through a private proxy, which will slow down your computer A LOT.

Anyways, I dont really recommend using a private proxy because usually you end up finding a server that's down most of the time.... and when I tried to do that at my school, it worked for a very BRIEF period and it totally stopped after that even though i tried going through 4-5 countries. So yeah, unless you go through a proxy (which sometimes freezes ss) you cant do anything about it.
                  audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                  DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
                  Azreal> LOloL
                  cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

These problems are caused by firewalls.

Comment

it sounds like your network has had an update since last year dude..
                      theres no way i could play this at school
                      04.07.05 08:59

Comment

Originally posted by Tibro
                        it sounds like your network has had an update since last year dude..
                        theres no way i could play this at school
                        I recommend StarCraft Demo. (28.9MB). Download it, put it to the U Drive (central drive accessible with any comp) Go to the comp, copy & paste the demo in your C drive (comp's own drive) and play single player.... Theres battle.net too but then for my school it doesnt seem to work... same prob. as continuum, but single player is fun if you have nothing to do. :P
                        AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

Working...
                        X