Downloading Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloading Problem

Heya, I have a downloading problem and when I try to download something, it says something about my current security settings not allowing it to be downloaded. This also happens on MSN.

I've spoke to a couple of friends and they say I just need to change my settings. But that didn't work.

In case you don't know yet, I SUCK on computers, and if you're going to explain anything, please do it in detail. :P -Fire
    http://img350.imageshack.us/img350/4977/niceday3tv.jpg

Do you have firewall.. You even may have 2 of em.. just take up "applications" and allow all the programs you are downloading with.
    revolt> my girl
    Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
    Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
    Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
    Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
    1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Aim
      Do you have firewall.. You even may have 2 of em.. just take up "applications" and allow all the programs you are downloading with.
      When I go the the "Internet Applications" my computer just fks up and starts running much slower.

And I can't even access the Applications. :/ -Fire

Comment

What most likely is causing this Fire is a piece of software called a firewall. It prevents applications from using network resouces on your computer pending user approval.

If you have a norton product or zone alarm or something like that (have a look at your start menu). Try to open it and lower the secruity rating so it would allow most applications to pass or try to find a way to allow a list of know applications to pass. You can also turn it off if you feel you don't need the security. You'll have to play with it a bit since I can't walk you through it without knowing which firewall it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
          What most likely is causing this Fire is a piece of software called a firewall. It prevents applications from using network resouces on your computer pending user approval.

If you have a norton product or zone alarm or something like that (have a look at your start menu). Try to open it and lower the secruity rating so it would allow most applications to pass or try to find a way to allow a list of know applications to pass. You can also turn it off if you feel you don't need the security. You'll have to play with it a bit since I can't walk you through it without knowing which firewall it is.
          Well, the security thing is on "Standard Security" should I lower it to "Trusting Security"? -Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_Spinner

And I can't even access the Applications. :/ -Fire
            Do you have a shared connection? Or are you playing from a university or from a college or something.. Some hosts may block your programs in university/college. You can always ask from your host if he could allow you to use some programs.
            revolt> my girl
            Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
            Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
            Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
            Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
            1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Aim
              Do you have a shared connection? Or are you playing from a university or from a college or something.. Some hosts may block your programs in university/college. You can always ask from your host if he could allow you to use some programs.

Nah, I play at home...

Comment

bathe a bath and put the computer and yourself in the tub, make sure the computer's turned on at the time. now at this point you should be dead and your problems will no longer matter.
                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                X